Calling All Jumbo Owners (and others) - Please Enable Me!

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
Ok. So as most of you know by now (I'm so sorry that I'm being such a pain in the *ss) I'm off to Milan in the April and I've always wanted the Jumbo so I thought to myself "why not now?".

Now I'm having second thoughts.. Or well, not exactly but I just want to be a 100% sure. I'm not unsure about the gorgeousness of the Jumbo, I love love love it and I want want want it ;) But rather of the things like: use, maintenance, wearable and so on.

So please tell me; What do you like about your Jumbo? Why? Can you wear it often? Would it fit/suit me? What can you fit in it? Does it loose its shape? Do I have to be very careful of it? Does it get super heavy? Does the chain hurt your shoulder? Does it look nice and "new" a long time if I store it well etc.?

(The Jumbo that I'm thinking of getting is the one in Black Caviar)

Thank you so much :hugs:

Attachments

• IMG_5606.jpg
    IMG_5606.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_5625.jpg
    IMG_5625.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
I've the m/l and feel its too small for daily wear. Had to scale down the size of my wallet. A jumbo should be just nice to fit the usual items of wallet, phone, keys, makeup...and more. I can't fit my makeup into my m/l.

Good idea to get it in caviar. When I was deciding on the size at the boutique, the salesperson recommended a jumbo in caviar instead of lambskin coz it's larger and caviar will be more hardy against knocks, nicks and scuffs.

oh, one more thing....the jumbo is more versatile as you can shorten the straps easily coz you dun have the constrain of the inner flaps.

You should get it. Since you are accustomed to large bags, how about the maxi in caviar? If you are worried about weight, then go for the jumbo. If you go for silver caviar, it works well as a daily bag and fits a lot. The beauty of the jumbo is it doesn't have the extra flap like the M/L and allow you to carry more. I carry a large reissue flap or jumbo daily and allow me to look casual yet still dressed up. Maintenance wise, it's pretty indestructurable and black does not show dirt. The chain doesn't bother me as long as I don't overstuff it; otherwise, I'm in pain. My shoulders are boney, so I don't carry a jumbo if I need to walk all day with my bag. Length wise, I'm only 5'2" and don't mind the long double straps.

The jumbo is the best! It is extremely versatile!!! I can wear it with anything---and I ALWAYS get compliments on it. It can get heavy- just don't overfill it. But ultimately the decision is yours- it's whatever bag suits you best! GL!!!

Love the Jumbo!! Its perfect in every way except for the fact that its becoming too common in NYC. However I still think its beautiful every time I see it.

You should get it. Since you are accustomed to large bags, how about the maxi in caviar? If you are worried about weight, then go for the jumbo. If you go for silver caviar, it works well as a daily bag and fits a lot. The beauty of the jumbo is it doesn't have the extra flap like the M/L and allow you to carry more. I carry a large reissue flap or jumbo daily and allow me to look casual yet still dressed up. Maintenance wise, it's pretty indestructurable and black does not show dirt. The chain doesn't bother me as long as I don't overstuff it; otherwise, I'm in pain. My shoulders are boney, so I don't carry a jumbo if I need to walk all day with my bag. Length wise, I'm only 5'2" and don't mind the long double straps.

Thank you so so much for your long response, I need this! :hugs: I've actually thought about the Maxi as well :thinking:

The jumbo is the best! It is extremely versatile!!! I can wear it with anything---and I ALWAYS get compliments on it. It can get heavy- just don't overfill it. But ultimately the decision is yours- it's whatever bag suits you best! GL!!!

Love the Jumbo!! Its perfect in every way except for the fact that its becoming too common in NYC. However I still think its beautiful every time I see it.

Thank you for your input :smile:

I like the m/l but to fit my Chanel sunnies case, jumbo is a must have.
As far as the weight, my man would not mind to carry it for me :P.

One time, he held my saleya PM while I was in the fitting room, one of the lady approached and said to him that I like your bag sir :P. And what he responded was "thank you" :P

I love your clothes and style Cari~~~ Although I don't have a jumbo... you'd look awesome with it... I know it! ;) I would go for it since you love love love it! Go for the caviar if you want to worry less and keep it forever! You already have the GST in the caviar so you know how it handles... Have I enabled you? kkk
Are you getting gold h/w or silver Be careful with the gold because i heard it's not gold-dipped anymore so there might be problems with chipping. I think you'd look great with s/h!

As far as the weight, my man would not mind to carry it for me .

One time, he held my saleya PM while I was in the fitting room, one of the lady approached and said to him that I like your bag sir . And what he responded was "thank you"

^heehee.....my hubby would die if he were ever caught carrying my bag. He did that once, and he was like watching everywhere :wondering making sure no one was watching him. :P

i love my jumbo though i don't use it as much as i really want to. i can fit most of my stuffs in my jumbo just like how i put a lot of stuffs in my GST...ieieie (im sure you know what i mean :P) and i agree with luv2ownabirkin that you'd look awesome with jumbo :biggrin:
now it's just a choice of which jumbo will you get right???

As far as the weight, my man would not mind to carry it for me :P.

One time, he held my saleya PM while I was in the fitting room, one of the lady approached and said to him that I like your bag sir :P. And what he responded was "thank you" :P

Hahaha that's so cute :lolots:

I love your clothes and style Cari~~~ Although I don't have a jumbo... you'd look awesome with it... I know it! ;) I would go for it since you love love love it! Go for the caviar if you want to worry less and keep it forever! You already have the GST in the caviar so you know how it handles... Have I enabled you? kkk
Are you getting gold h/w or silver Be careful with the gold because i heard it's not gold-dipped anymore so there might be problems with chipping. I think you'd look great with s/h!

Thank you so much! Humm.. I don't really know if I want to go with the GHW or SHW yet..

^heehee.....my hubby would die if he were ever caught carrying my bag. He did that once, and he was like watching everywhere :wondering making sure no one was watching him. :P

Haha! My dbf doesn't really care that much, but I'm sure he isn't over the moon when he has to carry it ;)

i love my jumbo though i don't use it as much as i really want to. i can fit most of my stuffs in my jumbo just like how i put a lot of stuffs in my GST...ieieie (im sure you know what i mean :P) and i agree with luv2ownabirkin that you'd look awesome with jumbo :biggrin:
now it's just a choice of which jumbo will you get right???

Haha, thank you so much :blush: Hopefully it will suit me!