Calling all J12 owners!!! Please HELP...

lily22970

Jan 8, 2010
Hi guys...

Thinking of getting a 33mm Black J12, I don't know much about automatic watches... What is the difference between the normal and the Automatic one? Which one is better to have?

Thanks so much for your help in advance... ;)

Automatic watch gets it's energy from your hand movement. So as long as you wear the watch it will not stop but if you stop wearing it for a while it will stop. A quartz one will keep moving until the battery dies. Mine is a quartz version as I change watches often so I don't like automatic watch.

i have the j12 automatic in white and i will admit, it's a pain because when i don't wear it it stops ticking and i have to reset it all the time. i would get the quartz

If you choose the automatic version, do invest in a watch winder to keep it running when you're not wearing it. I bought my husband a J12 and didn't buy the watch winder until 9 months later. The watch gained time so I figured perhaps the winder would solve the problem. It didn't so the watch went in to be recalibrated at no charge since it was less than a year old. Now it keeps perfect time and husband uses the watch winder so it doesn't have to keep being reset.

I didn't want the hassle. I'd rather deal with a battery replacement every few years so when I purchased a J12, I chose the quartz. It's personal preference, really. Oh, and my bezel didn't move, so mine had to go in for service as well.