Calling all Italians what's on your right hand/wrist

Oct 16, 2008
Hi, as some of you know I am really into the Italian way of dressing/accessorising. You all do it so elegantly and sophisticated.

So I am trying to get a feel for what fellow Italian tpfers wear on there right hand for rings and also your wrist for bangles and cuffs.

Please post pics if you like.

Thank you in advance.
shopaholic1987

i wear my cartier love rose gold bracelet on my right wrist. obviously, i never take it off.

on my right hand for rings, i use this hand for fun rings like giant blingy-type rings (costume jewelry, mostly).

p.s. i'm embarrassed to admit that i hadn't realized italians mostly wear jewelry on their right wrists/hands??? but then again, i'm only half italian. lol

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

^^^thanks!

it's something i have always wanted, and my husband bought it for me on valentine's day '08. haven't taken it off since.

our 15th wedding anniversary is coming up in november, and i'm hoping to get the matching love ring for my right hand, but we'll see.

^^^thanks!

it's something i have always wanted, and my husband bought it for me on valentine's day '08. haven't taken it off since.

our 15th wedding anniversary is coming up in november, and i'm hoping to get the matching love ring for my right hand, but we'll see.

Congratulations on your 15th Anniversary. The matching love ring would look great with the bangle.

I don't know that what I wear on my right hand has anything to do with being Italian, nor that it's really sophisticated, but I'll be happy to share pictures anyway. :smile:

I always wear my Return to Tiffany Heart Tag bracelet on my right wrist. I almost never take it off.

3843381431_4c079b5cec_o.jpg

I never used to wear the same ring all the time on my right hand, but I do lately. The ring I've been wearing all the time lately is one of my mom's white gold diamond rings. She passed away on July 4th and ever since I put it on for the wake and funeral it hasn't come off. I think it will probably become a signature piece for me since it makes me feel better having it on. My mom had lots of gorgeous jewelry, but this ring in particular fits me perfectly and is comfortable enough to wear every day.

3844169632_93b17f8c14_o.jpg

My MIL is 100% Itailan and only wears one ring on her right hand. . . but she's not into jewelry at all so I digress :Push:
LOL!
Her Mom, who is an Italian immigrant wears one teeny little yellow gold chain on her right wrist.

I don't know that what I wear on my right hand has anything to do with being Italian, nor that it's really sophisticated, but I'll be happy to share pictures anyway. :smile:

I always wear my Return to Tiffany Heart Tag bracelet on my right wrist. I almost never take it off.

3843381431_4c079b5cec_o.jpg

I never used to wear the same ring all the time on my right hand, but I do lately. The ring I've been wearing all the time lately is one of my mom's white gold diamond rings. She passed away on July 4th and ever since I put it on for the wake and funeral it hasn't come off. I think it will probably become a signature piece for me since it makes me feel better having it on. My mom had lots of gorgeous jewelry, but this ring in particular fits me perfectly and is comfortable enough to wear every day.

3844169632_93b17f8c14_o.jpg

I am sorry about your Mom. Its nice to wear something that makes you think of your Mom. Its a gorgeous ring.

My MIL is 100% Itailan and only wears one ring on her right hand. . . but she's not into jewelry at all so I digress :Push:
LOL!
Her Mom, who is an Italian immigrant wears one teeny little yellow gold chain on her right wrist.

i wonder what the significance is (if any) of italians wearing jewelry on their right hand/wrist??? i'll have to ask my dad (who is 100% italian), because i don't remember my grandmother (who emigrated from italy to ny) wearing any jewelry at all. but then again, considering both she and my grandfather emigrated from italy, i think they were very poor and came from a small village, so maybe it wasn't something you did??? i have a pair of her 24k sapphire earrings but they're very simple and understated.

i'd love to know the significance, if anybody knows.

I don't think there is any signification for it at all. My Grandmother wears a lot of YG on her wrist/hand. On the other hand, my Mom wears only her Bvlgari B.Zero1 and a Diamond Solitaire Ring. She has a few Bracelets but wears them rarely & then she wears a simple Diamond Necklace daily. My aunt wears a lot of jewellry, my other aunt & grandmother almost nothing & so on. I think this means nothing & depends only from the personal preference. Will take some Pics later :smile:

i just got back from vacation and visiting my parents, so i asked my dad (who is 100% italian) if there is any significance that he knew of of wearing jewelry on the right hand and wrist. he had no idea and never had heard of this before.

i'm still curious and would like to know where the op has heard this before. would love to know the meaning, if any.

I'm half Italian and it should also be noted that I am an eighteen-year-old male community college freshman.

Anyway, I rarely splurge on gold, and on such occasions I buy pendants and rings because they are less expensive than a typical link bracelet.

With that being noted, I usually wear a sterling silver Gucci horsebit round link ID bracelet which you may be able to track down. It's a European size 17, approximately seven inches long, and unisex. It retails for US $500.

I do get a lot of compliments on it, and it's a casual right-wrist bracelet with just enough embellishment to be characteristically Gucci.

Since you're looking for something with a distinctly Italian flavor I would consider Gucci, Bvlgari, some other Italian fashion or jewelry house, or a piece of Tiffany jewelry made in Italy.

You'll feel like a million bucks, even if you're in the middle of an organic chemistry lecture!:P