Home & Garden Calling All Houseplant Lovers!

Yes , sometimes I've fungus gnats , but I'm using nematodes . Works very well ! And last year I had spider mites on some succulents , there was nothing left to save... Just one infected plant can really cause a lot of problems :doh::smile:
Thank you for sharing!

Do you use anything else (retail or home made) on your plants to deter pests? Prevention wise that is.

Thank you for sharing!

Do you use anything else (retail or home made) on your plants to deter pests? Prevention wise that is.
Lol , yes !:lol: I've tried everything I've read or heard , from neem oil to coffee grounds to garlic and so on in the past . It was mostly a real mess with a nasty smell and it never really helped ...
Now I try to water and fertilize my plants properly (worm castings and liquid fertilizer), every now and then some get a lukewarm shower or the leaves are wiped with a damp cloth (this can be a really relaxing, meditative activity, especially when listening to good music)
If a plant doesn't feel comfortable with me at all, then it should live somewhere else :cool:
:biggrin:

Yes , sometimes I've fungus gnats , but I'm using nematodes . Works very well ! And last year I had spider mites on some succulents , there was nothing left to save... Just one infected plant can really cause a lot of problems :doh::smile:

I'm used to have perpetual fungus gnats. Currently trying cinnamon powder on the top soil. Also spotted 1 mealy bug and this is the first year I'm having spider mite problem and it's so unsavoury... For those I'm trying rubbing alcohol spray..

I think i prefer fungus gnats to the other two :yucky: We're so much more well acquainted by now..

Apparently over watering can cause fungus gnat and mealy bug problem.
Under watering and dry can cause spider mites.

Also over fertilizing attracts pests.

what a fickle!

Discovered ecoform pots at coles (love the fact they’re biodegradable in 5 years), and got a bunch of them with saucers…

Repotted a few plants, the one i was hesitant on because I just got it a month ago, but clearly needs it:

42E48703-47E6-42B8-AE50-ED0EC160CA85.jpeg
^the nursery owner cut that to prop I’m assuming.

8801FE99-0E3E-4FA4-869B-DB27D21EC3B6.jpeg

Much happier now.

15C56A2B-E30E-4259-8055-A54629EA630E.jpeg

Love the lightness of it, as well as eco friendly.

^^ Well, that's what I call a real bargain
:lol:
:lol::lol:
I think it’s because it’s the first “variegated” and the plant itself is already rare due to several factors including it requires a specific type of environment to grow…one thing I won’t do is try and grow a plant that needs a specific environment I cannot easily replicate. And variegated is nice but I also like some plants that’s just green. Like:

2978F6E6-7DA0-4D80-AA16-68693C099233.jpeg
^ the plant back there…

Reactions: Pollie-Jean