Calling all Hermes belt experts!!!!


Dokka ni ikitai-----
Jan 4, 2007
I was talking to my friend who told me that there are various types of the typical Hermes silver "H" belt buckles, not including the Idem and Constance. As far as I know, there is the silver palladium plated, brushed silver palladium plated, then there's the rare rough-looking (I don't know how to explain it :sweatdrop: ) buckle. He mentioned that there's this other type of the typical/normal H buckle which shares the same resemblance as the one pictured below but it has a darker shade to it, and told me it is rare.

So I'd like to ask you fellow Hermes fanatics to what is the name of such buckle (pictures would be great!) and is the price more expensive than the silver palladium plated one?

TIA! ;)



Show Me The Orange!
Jun 17, 2006
Europe. Central.
There's also hammered, which would be the rougher look. There's also guilloche, which is like little diagonal lines on the buckle.
In terms of material, there's gold and palladium (the latter one is in your pic) and also ruthenium, which would be the darker shade, and indeed rare.
Check out , they have a lot of buckles IIRC and of course

Haute Couturess

Black CDC Kelly pls!
Feb 26, 2007
It's called the constance and comes in many variations. LZ like hello says is an excellent online source to check them out. they always have a few.