Calling all Heloise Owners -- Help!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
PLEASE!!! If you own a Heloise, would you mind looking at my other post about the way Chloe bags are sewn - http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/are-chloe-bags-made-stitched-by-hand-280260.html

I got my Plum Heloise bag yesterday and I'm so disappointed about the way it's sewn on the bottom front corner. They had one other Plum one and I'm going back to take a look at it, but the leather on that bag wasn't anywhere near as nice as the leather on my bag & I'd hate to loose that smooshiness. But the way my bag is sewn really bothers me. I just think its really sloppy and that's a lot of money to spend on sloppiness. Does anyone else have a bag that's sewn like mine is?? If so, does it change the overall appearance of the bag?? I really want to enjoy my bag, but this *blip* is ruining it for me :sad:

I don't want to duplicate my other post, but here's one pic of what I mean (there are more in the other post above)

P1010524.jpg

I've checked out my Heloise, iluvmybags and I would suggest that your bag has been mis-stitched on its base. Mine has pretty regular stitching and perhaps you might need to return it - especially if you're not happy with it. I think that you are so right - these bags cost us a lot of money and you need to be really satisfied with what you've bought. However, if you really like the leather on the main part of the bag (which does looks gorgeous, by the way!) you might settle for a very generous reduction in the price you paid and take the bag 'off their hands'! Just a suggestion! Or seek a replacement for it - but only if you like the quality of the other bag, of course.

Let us know what you decide.

well, I went back to Nordstroms today and I ended up coming home with the same bag. The other Prune that they had just wasn't as "nice" as my bag. For starters, the color was much darker and it was really stiff and smooth. The bottom was soft and distressed as were the end "pockets" but the body of the bag was just way to stiff and smooth looking for me. I'm sure it's possible that the leather would soften and become more distressed w/age & use but I just didn't like it's overall appearance. On top of that, there were places all over where the leather was spotted and there were actual white spots on the bag. I take it this where the dye didn't deposit, but because the leather's so smooth and not distressed, it doesn't blend nicely and just looked ugly. The bottom was stitched much nicer than mine, however. You could really see the difference.

My SA found another bag at a store in Michigan & supposedly it's being transferred in so I can see it. If it's as soft as mine and the leather's nice and the bottom is stitched better, I'll exchange it. We just have to hope the bag is transferred because she said with the rarity of these bags, stores aren't willing to transfer them to other stores. She told them that she'd send a replacement one (or return the one they send me if I decide against it), so we'll see what happens.

I got the idea that the SAs thought I was nuts. There was one girl who kept trying to talk me into it saying how all bags look different & she just views it as a different kind of fold or crease. Besides, they all said it's on the bottom of the bag so it wouldn't bother them as much. I dunno -- it's a lot of $$ to spend & I feel the bag was put together & sewn VERY sloppy. I showed them the difference between my bag & the other one and it was VERY obvious.

It's just frustrating.

I am stunned that they were pushing you to accept this flaw as NORMAL! I just checked the bottom of mine and there isn't any weird stitching there. Your bag should not have passed quality control's inspection!!! Did Susie tell you we saw a prune Heloise at the Intermix store in the Lincoln Park suburb of Chicago? I am just having a hard time processing this. Stores reluctant to transfer the good bags - SHEESH! I'd write a letter of complaint to the store manager.

I am stunned that they were pushing you to accept this flaw as NORMAL! I just checked the bottom of mine and there isn't any weird stitching there. Your bag should not have passed quality control's inspection!!! Did Susie tell you we saw a prune Heloise at the Intermix store in the Lincoln Park suburb of Chicago? I am just having a hard time processing this. Stores reluctant to transfer the good bags - SHEESH! I'd write a letter of complaint to the store manager.

:tup: I agree with Div - I think it's outrageous that the store staff were so unhelpful :cursing:. The bottom of my Prune Heli doesn't have any of those flaws either :nogood:. Whatever feeble :s excuses they gave you at the store, I definitely think they sold you an imperfect bag. I do hope you can get some satisfaction out of the store - good luck with it and do let us know how it all pans out.

I finally took my Heloise out and looked at the corners, there really is not a lot of uniformity in all 4 corners, each one is a little different, and one does seem to have a little more leather tucked into the seam, but nothing too severe. I probably woudn't have noticed it if I hadn't looked at the differences. I bet we could put all of our purple Heli's together and they would all be somewhat different in leather/dye/etc.
Hope everything works out for you and your Heloise.

thanks for all the support guys!!:smile: I think it's irregular too and if anything, it should have been sent to the outlets (like Nordstrom Rack or Neimans Last Call). One of the SAs started telling me a story about a dining room table that she bought because she loved it, but it was flawed so she got it for a good price. She said she loved it so much it was easy to overlook the flaw. I told her that I understand that and I have no problem buying things that are irregular or slightly flawed -- I shop at the outlets and places like TJMaxx & Marshalls on a regular basis. But when I pay full price for something at a dept store, I don't expect it to be irregular.

I guess what really bothers me is that I RARELY (if ever!) pay full price for my bags. I usually wait for sales and/or markdowns or I get them on ebay. This is probably the only bag I've ever paid full price for and it's one of only TWO bags I've ever paid more than $1k for (coincidently, my Paddington was the other!!). If I had seen this at Nordstroms Rack and it was marked "irregular" & priced accordingly, sure I'd probably buy it, but I'd be expecting some kind of "flaw". I wasn't expecting a flaw like this on a bag at full price at Nordstroms.

I guess the SAs (and Managers) are reluctant to do store to store transfers on a bag like this because they're in such high demand and they probably don't want to loose the commission and/or sale (understandable). But she told them they'd replace it -- either with the bag I returned or if I decide not to get it, they'd return the bag they send.

I tried it out last night with some things inside, thinking that maybe once it was weighted down it would even out, but instead it just emphasizes the poor stitching -- once there are things in the bag, you can really see how the corners are different -- one side is nice and rounded, while the other side is all lopsided. Sure other people probably wouldn't notice this, but I do.

*SIGH* I just hope the other bag's leather is as nice as mine (if not nicer!) with its seams sewn fairly straight so that I can exchange it. Otherwise, I'll probably just wind up keeping this bag and live with it.

Try Saks. Was at Saks at SCP, they are holding a F&F event, presale-ing next monday, but SA will hold a bag for you. Guess what, Saks has one last purple Heloise in stock, at 25% OFF! Why not try calling your SA tomorrow and see if she/he can locate that bag for you? Or, at least to get Nordys to price-match!

Try Saks. Was at Saks at SCP, they are holding a F&F event, presale-ing next monday, but SA will hold a bag for you. Guess what, Saks has one last purple Heloise in stock, at 25% OFF! Why not try calling your SA tomorrow and see if she/he can locate that bag for you? Or, at least to get Nordys to price-match!

There's only one left in the entire country?? Maybe if this other bag doesn't work out, I'll consider that -- the problem is, if I order it from another store site unseen, there's a chance that it won't have that same kind of leather that my bag has, which is why I didn't exchange it for the other one they had -- the leather just wasn't nearly as nice (even the SAs said the leather on my [flawed] bag was really great leather & not nearly as nice as the leather on the other bag they had).

Nordstroms did price match for me already (from an online site) so I wouldn't ask them to match Saks F&F - but if the bag that's transferred isn't as nice, maybe I'll see if the Saks on Michigan Avenue has either a Prune or Gazelle Helo. If so, maybe I'll buy it during the F&F event.

Maybe, if you are willing, Nordies will give you a discount on a flawed bag?? This may have been discussed already, but it appears that these purple bags are sellling fast, and a flaw definitely deserves a discount.
SA's work on commission, so maybe if you are truly unhappy, rather than return the bag, they could come up with a discount for a flawed bag.

^^you know, since they already price matched for more than $250 <than retail, I hate to ask for any addtl d/c, altho if the bag that's transferred in isn't as nearly as nice as my bag is, I MIGHT start looking elsewhere for another one. I won't buy it site unseen however, so I'll have to make some calls and see if anyone has one in stock -- I heard Intermix has a couple, but honestly, I've never heard of them and/or even know where they're located.

the biggest bummer is that other than this lousy stitching in the corner, my bag is pretty darned perfect -- it's the perfect color and the leather is heavenly. That's why I'm really hoping the transferred bag has similar type of leather (the other one they had in the store was NO WHERE near as nice)