calling all gris tarmac owners and experts

smooches2608

Jan 9, 2009
Laguna Hills, CA
Hi, I'm new to Balenciaga.:biggrin: I just bought Balenciaga city in gris tarmac 2013, now i have a few concerns.

1. Will it fade or turn color?
2. Do the edges crack or peel easily? The bag feels a little dry.
The bag itself is a matte, thick leather.

All in all, how is your gris tarmac holding up?
Should I keep it?
thank you so much for your help. :smile:

Attachments

pinksweety

I love all my bags!
Jan 10, 2009
Your bag looks beautiful! I don't have a gris tarmac, maybe some other ladies in this forum can help...

ryns

O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
I have a polly in gris tarmac. The leather is quite dry which makes it look "veiny". I treated it with leather conditioner for 3 straight days and i'm quite contented with the result. Its not as soft as my coquelicot part time but the dryness has lessened. I haven't experienced any scuffing of some sort considering that i've been using it a lot.

smooches2608

Jan 9, 2009
Laguna Hills, CA
ryns said:
I have a polly in gris tarmac. The leather is quite dry which makes it look "veiny". I treated it with leather conditioner for 3 straight days and i'm quite contented with the result. Its not as soft as my coquelicot part time but the dryness has lessened. I haven't experienced any scuffing of some sort considering that i've been using it a lot.
Thank you for the reply ryns! Mine looks and feels very dry, especially around the edges, i'm still debating if i should keep it because it doesn't look and feel as luxurious as a $2,000 should be =( do you think mine will get better if i treated it with leather honey and use it over time? How long have you had your gris tarmac? Again thanks so much!

jilly.bean

Jan 23, 2013
i'm also considering gris tarmac and have the same questions you do! i checked out gris tarmac bals at nordstrom sacramento last week and felt that all the gris tarmac bals were stiff, dry, and not distressed enough.. hope i find one that has more wrinkles like yours! thank you for posting :smile:

lisahopkins

Feb 21, 2011
Wales
I have a GT day G12 and love the leather, it's not dry and has amazing glaze; I have used it for a few weeks on and off and it's breaking in nicely with no signs of fading or cracking HTH

image-405801036.jpg

image-2128847857.jpg

Last edited:

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
Hi!

Just want to check how your Gris Tarmacs are holding up? Is there significant colour fading?