Calling all Estheticians!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Help. I have applied and received my first job in Esthetics. I am a recent graduate and have no experience outside of school. I am not sure if the pay is good, but I have no idea what one in my position should start out at. They are offering $10 an hour or 25-30% commision off of services plus 10% reatil com, and of course any tips I may receive.
    Is a 25-30% com rate good? I was under the impression that 45% was what you started out at, then worked your way up to 55-60%. I have applied elsewhere and may have another opportunity at the begining of the year....I like this day spa but the one I may get in Jan is Awsome but I do not know the pay. Should I accept the position? Or wait on the other job offer? What are you all out there making as far as commision on services?
    Pls Help.:shame:

2. It all depends on how busy the spa is and what prices they charge. If you are working in a high end spa charging $150 -$250 for facials 30% plus tips is great. In my spa I pay 40 -50% but we only charge around $100 for a facial. You can make a lot more money if you try to upsell by adding waxing and addons. And it is easy to sell $500 of retail to a person if you do a good job and they see results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice