Calling all Epi wallet owners

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
How have your wallets withstood the test of time? Interested in wear on wallets 5 years +

I've only owned canvas items. My 10 yr old agenda looks perfect still & my 14 yr old French wallet (aside from tarnished hardware) is in good condition. I was interested in an Epi wallet for a change and am wondering how it holds up? I tend to keep & use my items a long time, but I don't baby them, so I want the most durable.

I already know which wallet - it's just a matter of which material.
All info is much appreciated - TY!!!

4 years old but is holding up great. No wear, no scratches, no loose threads, no edge or glazing wear. I have three other lv wallets that are canvas and the Epi one is just better than the others.

Attachments

• 1413552568486.jpg
    1413552568486.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 484
Reactions: Bags_4_life
I'm curious about this too! I'm thinking about buying an epi wallet before the price increase.

kbell, what specific epi wallet have you picked out?

The new sarah - I like the back pocket. My current wallet has a back pocket and I use it (MJ collection zip clutch). It's in pretty bad shape now - really scuffed/scratched so I need a new wallet! The inside is very similar to the new Sarah as well so this wallet will work for me.

I will post my epi french wallet tonight. I had it 10 year ago and only used for about a year. I might not be a good person that take care of my stuff. The corner and edge have obvious losing the color and the leather was rubbed off..

found a similar pic online

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-authentic-louis-vuitton-epi-yellow-french-snap-open-clutch-wallet-wkiss-lock-coin-.jpg
    louis-vuitton-authentic-louis-vuitton-epi-yellow-french-snap-open-clutch-wallet-wkiss-lock-coin-.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 465
That's the part I'm not sure of... I think I'm going to pop in the store next week... Then I'll pick a color. I want to see them all up close 1st. I don't want to pay sales tax though - so I'm going to ask them to ship it to my in laws. If they won't I'll order it online & ship it there.

I will post my epi french wallet tonight. I had it 10 year ago and only used for about a year. I might not be a good person that take care of my stuff. The corner and edge have obvious losing the color and the leather was rubbed off..

found a similar pic online

Thank you. I don't abuse my stuff but want something care free with longevity since I use the same things for years. I keep keys exposed in my bag that could potentially scratch things & I'm sure that's how my current leather wallet got all its scratches over the years. I could keep them in something but I prefer not to. I don't want to change my habits to fit a wallet, I want it to fit me:smile:

Thank you. I don't abuse my stuff but want something care free with longevity since I use the same things for years. I keep keys exposed in my bag that could potentially scratch things & I'm sure that's how my current leather wallet got all its scratches over the years. I could keep them in something but I prefer not to. I don't want to change my habits to fit a wallet, I want it to fit me:smile:
glad you understand what i meant. a nice wallet would make us happy. but if have to change the habit to take care the wallet, I would rather get something less expensive.

my current wallet is MK saffino wallet which i got it 2 year ago. maybe it's in black, I am much more comfortable using it worry free. before that, I have been using coach for years.

I normally change wallet every 2-3 years, so I prefer to buy less expensive brand.

Ive had a fuscia epi zippy coin purse for a few months....however, I actually scratched part of it accidently when I had longer nails and a bit of the pink color was gone and I could see the white underneath. Its quite small and not easy to notice unless you look carefully, but it still annoyed me a little. My empreinte wallet definitely wears much better and I could throw it around without being worried about scratches. In general, I think epi will wear well as long as you aren't throwing it around and beating it up. I have a canvas wallet too....I personally do feel canvas and empreinte leather will wear better on the long run than epi. However, since you've never had an epi wallet before, think its worth a try! :smile: The many different colors of epi are TDF!

Hi OP! I've had my epi Sarah for over 5 years and I've pretty much used it everyday for that amount of time until just recently, where I decided to swap it out for something new! In terms of wear, I think it has done quite well. The leather overall has held up fine with very minor scratches here and there but they are not that noticeable unless you're looking really close. The corners do wear but I really don't mind considering the use this wallet has had. The leather has on the inside still looks great except I have had a little area rub off- this was caused by a card that was in the top left front slot that was rubbing against the leather. As a result, I've stopped putting a card in that slot. All of the other front slots are fine. This is only my personal experience and I understand there are variability between wallets so I'm sure others will have their own take on this type of wallet and the material.

All in all, I love this wallet. It is so functional and has served me well over 5yrs (and hopefully more years to come). I believe all the little "imperfections" are just part of wear and tear considering the daily use it has had.

I hope this helps with your quest!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413589667.566258.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413589701.348850.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413589717.483316.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413589762.661562.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413589792.979717.jpg