Calling all Dr's!!! ADVICE NEEDED

Since moving to Vegas I get sinus infections all the time.
Mucinex is good.
Doctors have told me to use warm salt water. You buy one of those things that sucks snot out of babies noses, put the salt water in it, and SLOWLY and carefully let in go into your nose. You should be standing over the sink to let it run right out. It is odd, but helps me. I have often had to go back and get more meds also.
Water, juice and sleep.
Feel better!

Hey Megs,

Talked with a family member who is a MD (since I am just a lowly PhD) who said it is possible you have developed a secondary infection and like Swank said, you need a more aggressive antibiotic, such as a Z pack or there is a new one which I cannot recall but it starts with a "C". Do you have any of those walk in non emergency clinics where you are? If not, I would call your doc and tell him/her that this is not cutting it and you need something else ASAP. Don't wait until Monday.

OMG... Zpack is amazing... i took it last time i had a killer sinus infection in July.... didn't clear up right away, but definitely helped the process...

:tender: Dear Meggs, I hope you feel better in the morning,....but pleeeze see a dr. I had something like that 3 years ago, and I ended up with half my face 2x the size of the other, and I needed to have a antibiotic shots! then they cleaned and xrayed the area several times over 2 weeks... don't wait and let it get that bad!...again I hope you are better, but still see your doctor, and hopefully Vlad will be back soon to take care of you!:flowers:

Thanks everyone so much!!

Oddly enough I woke up this morning to no pain whatsoever. I called the Dr and they said wait and see if it comes back- sometimes the end of a sinus infection gets a bit inflamed then goes away. If I feel anything, I'll be on them like white on rice!!!

But thank you all for all your kindness- means so much to me :love: :flowers:

Thanks everyone so much!!

Oddly enough I woke up this morning to no pain whatsoever. I called the Dr and they said wait and see if it comes back- sometimes the end of a sinus infection gets a bit inflamed then goes away. If I feel anything, I'll be on them like white on rice!!!

But thank you all for all your kindness- means so much to me :love: :flowers:
YAY!:yahoo:

I am glad you are feeling better, and I agree with those who have recommended Mucinex. Sudafed also has a new one, Sudafed PE, and both have been very helpful to me as I recover from the Terrible Cold.

And I would definitely recommend that you ask your doctor for Zpak, unless there is some reason s/he feels it would not be a good choice for you.

Every time I have taken it, I noticed a significant improvement within 24 hours. That may not be a "typical result," but it is wonderful at knocking out bugs, sinus, throat, the dentist even gave it to me once for an insurgent tooth!

(bonus TMI section: I'm allergic to penicillin, so they always give me Zpack automatically!)