Calling all Dior Saddle Bag Owners - Hardware Discolouration

Hi!
I have had my Saddle Bag for less than a year and there is obvious discolouration and tarnishing on the CD due to the guitar strap hooks constantly rubbing against each other. It’s on the inside of the strap hooks as well but hard to notice and capture.
I’ve hardly used the bag in the last 6 months. I store the bag and strap separately in their individual dust bags.
Is that something that anybody else has experienced with their bag over time?
I have a Lady Dior too and have had it for longer but haven’t experienced any problems so far.
I’ve contacted my SA and she said they’ve never had a problem before and is willing to send it to HongKong for repairs.

AA2788C6-BFA0-41E4-B676-6EFAA660B1A2.jpeg

4C0DDA64-ACDC-4B65-9C23-9C365EB62A25.jpeg

75AE5879-D3E7-413F-8EB8-380E66DD65E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi!
I have had my Saddle Bag for less than a year and there is obvious discolouration and tarnishing on the CD due to the guitar strap hooks constantly rubbing against each other. It’s on the inside of the strap hooks as well but hard to notice and capture.
I’ve hardly used the bag in the last 6 months. I store the bag and strap separately in their individual dust bags.
Is that something that anybody else has experienced with their bag over time?
I have a Lady Dior too and have had it for longer but haven’t experienced any problems so far.
I’ve contacted my SA and she said they’ve never had a problem before and is willing to send it to HongKong for repairs.

View attachment 4754609

View attachment 4754617

View attachment 4754618
It looks like the strap clasp rubbed the gold-colour plating off of the metal. They can replace the hardware for you.

You're not alone. I have the same problem and I've only had mine for like two months now... but maybe it's because I always carry the bag cross-body with the strap. Plus I am kinda lazy, so I just leave the strap attached to the bag all the time. I do think that this problem is common; I've seen other owners talking about this on different websites/communities. As for fixing the problem, try taking it to the store! The store manager told me that such problem could arise, and in such case, the metal hardware could be replaced.

Is my Dior Saddle Bag a fake?!
I received this bag as a gift and was over the moon. However, as time has gone on I’ve noticed the hardware is rubbing off/ fading. Does this mean I’ve been wearing a fake all this time?! Please help :smile:
image.jpg

Dear new member:. Your post belongs in the authentication thread.

@skyqueen do you use your glorious Saddle bag frequently? Also, did you stop using it for a spell, when Saddle bags were in between being the "it bag?"
You hit the nail on the head! I never used it a lot when I first bought it...then away she went for several years. Back out when the reissue started. I was pleasantly surprised! I paid around $980, in 2001, at the Dior Boutique in Manhattan...now they retail for $2500 plus. Not a bad return!

You hit the nail on the head! I never used it a lot when I first bought it...then away she went for several years. Back out when the reissue started. I was pleasantly surprised! I paid around $980, in 2001, at the Dior Boutique in Manhattan...now they retail for $2500 plus. Not a bad return!
So awesome!!! Do you find yourself using it frequently, or just for certain occasions? So curious about this aspect of Saddle bag ownership as I want to purchase one (two actually lol).

So awesome!!! Do you find yourself using it frequently, or just for certain occasions? So curious about this aspect of Saddle bag ownership as I want to purchase one (two actually lol).
Just certain occasions...I live in “fashion hell” so not much opportunity. Also, I think I would use it more with a shoulder strap. Dior now offers gorgeous straps at the price (or more) that I originally paid for the bag. Go figure!
If you can find one you love...buy it! So unique!

• Love
Reactions: baghagg
Does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to replace the metal hardware? my D's are damaged due to the wear with the guitar strap.. thank you!
What type of damage is it? Are you seeing the black marks that are shown at the start of this thread? My friend got them on hers, and I was able to clean them off for her with a bit of water and tissue (with some rubbing)! We were both surprised!