Calling All Cricket Owners Chirp, Chirp!

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
I know I'm on a ban but I sold a couple of my XL purses that I decided were too big for me. Then I headed to the outlet with that money to buy a large silver patent Zoe. I couldn't find one so I bought a Cricket satchel in the color putty.
I passed up the Cricket initially, it just didn't call out to me (chirp, chirp?) but later after my 3rd walk 'round the outlet I tried one on for size. The Cricket surprisingly looked so nice on me when I stood before the mirror, it complimented my skin tone so I had to buy it! (I wonder how many bags at the outlet I've passed by not knowing how gooood they could look on me if only I tried them on?!)

I'm so sorry I don't have a modeling picture to show you but I'm in my PJs and so tired, just don't wanna take one tonight, maybe tomorrow if I have time.
Anyways, I did a search and I cannot find very many tPFers with a Cricket! :thinking: I'm calling other Cricket owners to ask, how do you like yours? Do you like the way it hardly has any hardware on it? Mine didn't have a hang-tag and I forgot to check for that but when I got home I noticed and called my outlet, they said they'll mail me one. I hope I get the right hangtag.
So let's discuss Crickets here, I'll go first, I love the neutral color of the one I picked, I love it's compartments! I almost bought a Peyton but decided it was another too-big bag but this Cricket is just right in size and still has the compartments. I didn't have a satchel so I needed one in my collection. So far, Cricket seems so good! Besides, Chinese proverb says it is good luck to have a Cricket in the house.

Last edited:
I think Johnie has at least one Cricket :yes: I said at least one cause I know she tend to buy the same design in various colors. Congratz on your new Cricket though :flowers:

Thanks, hunnyplaya (love your username and avatar pic, you're cute), maybe tomorrow I'll get some responses from Cricket owners. I'd love to hear from Johnnie.

You are most welcome ;) My username is from my HS days so it's super childish as I'm getting older now. LOL. But thank you for your compliment on my avatar picture :flowers: I'm sure you will hear from Cricket owners tomorrow! Don't forget to post some pictures too.

^^Well, my username is from the old Britney Spears song. hehe Not so new anymore.
You're welcome, I will try to post pics tomorrow mid-morning.
I'm wishing Cricket wasn't removed from the Coach website so I could at least go look at them all.

I can imagine you or any of us Coachie saying, "Oops, I did it again!" when we are not supposed to be buying another purse and we still do :lol:

I never liked Cricket when they were on Coach.com until I saw them in real life. If you want to look at more pictures, try looking on the bay or something :biggrin: I am anxiously waiting for my Poppy Groovy and can't seem to get enough of looking at her on Coach.com so I have resorted to looking on the bay and every other website that has pictures of Poppy Groovy posted :blush:

^^My username fits me perfectly, I know that when I started I only wanted 8 or less purses, now I have 15!! hehe :angel: Oh, who cares, I really enjoy them all.
Here's a pic of my new Cricket I found on google. The inside is reallly nice with light purple silky lining, 3 compartments (main middle one zippered) + 2 outside pockets.
puttycricket.jpg

A funny thing I want to add, when I called my outlet to report the missing hang tag the SA didn't know what a hang tag was so I told her it's the leather tag that hangs off of Coach bags that says Coach on it. She asked, "Do you mean the lozenge?" I replied, "Yes, that's it!" So SA's call it lozenge and tPF Coachies call it hang tag. Just a bit of Coach trivia for you all....

Last edited:
If I was getting a Cricket, I would definitely get the black one :nuts: Black is my #1 color for purses. Your Cricket is pretty roomy and the 3 compartments are great for you to separate your stuffs :tup: When are you going to start using it?

I just bought a black cricket two weekends back! I love it :smile: I have been hunting for the grey signature one but no such luck so far. Anyway, the black was the one I "settled" on and I am so glad I got it. I am still going to get the signature grey one if I can find it though....

My outlet just had putty and like a coral Crickets. I wish I could have seen a black one. I love black bags, too!
I've got my things in my new Cricket already, I really filled it up to see all it can hold. The tag is still on it though but I'm almost sure she's a keeper.

rjeast, signature gray sounds so pretty! I have yet to own any gray Coach bag. I wonder why there aren't many Crickets at any of my outlets? Did they do good selling at retail, I wonder?
That's why I started this thread is to learn more about the mysterious, hiding Crickets.

I know it's not a Cricket, but I feel that it's similiar. I just fell hard for the black leather Bonnie satchel. I feel the same way you do, it's a good sized satchel, but not giant like most bags I carry. It has the two zipper compartments on top, just like Lindsay but minus the size and weight. I have a GF HOPEFULLY picking one up for me tomorrow as my outlets didn't have them. I didn't like these Bonnie bags when they hit...but for some ODD reason today this one just STRUCK ME like a bolt of lightening!!!

Can't wait to see your modeling pic's. Maybe I need to take another look at Cricket too!!!

There's a picture of the Bonnie I fell for in my signature!!! I feel like they are kinda similiar!!!

^^lovecoachmore, I would buy that Bonnie black satchel, too, if I could ever find it again! I remember that one being at the outlet like 3 or 4 months ago I think. It caught my eye because it had both regular black leather and black patent leather trim. I picked it up and really liked it, the size and all! The only reason I didn't buy it is cuz I already had 3 black bags (well 2 now, I sold one).
You're right, it does remind me of the Cricket. I think my Cricket is a bit larger than that one. I hope you get it tomorrow!!! I wish you all the luck!

My outlet just had putty and like a coral Crickets. I wish I could have seen a black one. I love black bags, too!
I've got my things in my new Cricket already, I really filled it up to see all it can hold. The tag is still on it though but I'm almost sure she's a keeper.

The ones I saw were at my local FPs and they were on the clearance shelves with 30% or 50% off. I still miss the black one that I touched, held and tried on till this day :blush:

Hopefully you will keep your Cricket. I personally think she's a keeper too :yes:

hunnyplaya, maybe more Crickets will swarm the outlets soon. If you live near one you can have another shot at black!
I am falling in love with this bag more and more by the minute! It really has nice leather.