calling all coach experts dilemma!!!help

fairlady

O.G.
Sep 17, 2006
Oh man, I'm crazy at work at the moment, but I just saw this post and wanted to respond... Yes, I'm embarrassed to say I own 5 Bridgits and counting, lol! :shame:

I first ordered the rose, and it has always been my favorite. It has a pinkish orange (salmon color) tone rather than what I would call "rose". Some like it, some don't. I personally LOVE it. It actually does coordinate with a lot of things, I think...and I've gotten tons of compliments on this one.

My second favorite is the teal. The color is TDF...like a piece of turquoise with matrix. Also compliments, but not as many as the rose and platinum.

I do like the platinum...but....it's $100 more, and I can see a tiny place of wear on the edge of the frame around the coin purse. I haven't really used the bag that many times, but I guess it rubs more than I think. It doesn't look bad...this is a weathered metallic look, so it's hardly noticeable. The thing is metallic bags just don't hold up compared to leather ones. Eventually they have to be resprayed. I will say I like the grain on the metallic Bridgits, though. Some of the dyes create a heavier grain with this leather than others. The metallic is one of them, but I know the textured leather does not appeal to some people. Hey, Donnalynn, are you out there, lol! :P I'm teasing her because she likes the really smooth leather, and while she fought to find a smooth ergo, I fought to find a pebbly one, lol. Anyway, the other Bridgit leather colors are pretty smooth...if this makes a difference to you.

As for this metallic, I like that it's kind of distressed in appearance (weathered), and so I dress it up or down. I personally like it with jeans as well as dressier attire.

By the way, I LOVE these bags, and I'm a big bag kind of gal!! They are roomier than you think, and it's funny some people mistake them for Chanel, lol. I've attached a pics of the "family", and the newest member. At least on my monitors, the colors are pretty realistic. I find the sunflower and rose swatches to be the most "off" on the website and the catalogs.

I'm not sure this helped at all. I guess it depends on which one you will get the most wear out of, and also just keep in mind that the metallic is $100 extra. Also a problem was mine came without the logo snap head (disk) on the hang tag, and it was a real challenge to get a replacement for that!! Seems Coach doesn't stock extra nickel hardware, and at the moment, this one and the platinum Lily are it for the nickel Legacy bags!

Attachments

• bridgits.jpg
    bridgits.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 79
  • sunflower.jpg
    sunflower.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 44
Nice collection, Baglady!
Fairlady, go the rose colored one. I had only browns and black Coaches in my collection. I went for it and added a lime green and love it for its change of pace so to say.

Baglady39- Wow what a great collection! I hadn't even considered the teal that is pretty too! Thanks for you advise, I do love the metallic but I really need to add some color to my handbags, so I think I will get the Rose. Thanks!

I cannot believe how many you have ! They are all really gorgeous, wow !

:wtf:
Oh man, I'm crazy at work at the moment, but I just saw this post and wanted to respond... Yes, I'm embarrassed to say I own 5 Bridgits and counting, lol! :shame:

I first ordered the rose, and it has always been my favorite. It has a pinkish orange (salmon color) tone rather than what I would call "rose". Some like it, some don't. I personally LOVE it. It actually does coordinate with a lot of things, I think...and I've gotten tons of compliments on this one.

My second favorite is the teal. The color is TDF...like a piece of turquoise with matrix. Also compliments, but not as many as the rose and platinum.

I do like the platinum...but....it's $100 more, and I can see a tiny place of wear on the edge of the frame around the coin purse. I haven't really used the bag that many times, but I guess it rubs more than I think. It doesn't look bad...this is a weathered metallic look, so it's hardly noticeable. The thing is metallic bags just don't hold up compared to leather ones. Eventually they have to be resprayed. I will say I like the grain on the metallic Bridgits, though. Some of the dyes create a heavier grain with this leather than others. The metallic is one of them, but I know the textured leather does not appeal to some people. Hey, Donnalynn, are you out there, lol! :P I'm teasing her because she likes the really smooth leather, and while she fought to find a smooth ergo, I fought to find a pebbly one, lol. Anyway, the other Bridgit leather colors are pretty smooth...if this makes a difference to you.

As for this metallic, I like that it's kind of distressed in appearance (weathered), and so I dress it up or down. I personally like it with jeans as well as dressier attire.

By the way, I LOVE these bags, and I'm a big bag kind of gal!! They are roomier than you think, and it's funny some people mistake them for Chanel, lol. I've attached a pics of the "family", and the newest member. At least on my monitors, the colors are pretty realistic. I find the sunflower and rose swatches to be the most "off" on the website and the catalogs.

I'm not sure this helped at all. I guess it depends on which one you will get the most wear out of, and also just keep in mind that the metallic is $100 extra. Also a problem was mine came without the logo snap head (disk) on the hang tag, and it was a real challenge to get a replacement for that!! Seems Coach doesn't stock extra nickel hardware, and at the moment, this one and the platinum Lily are it for the nickel Legacy bags!

BOTH! :graucho: hehe but really... if you like the rose colored one then branch out to the color! It is $100 less and will be COLORFUL whereas metallic is pretty much neutral with a bit of pizazz (sp?). I still vote both though!

I LOVE :love: Bridgit three: Black, Metallic and Teal. She's the sweetest sophisticate! . . . I really am tempted by Rose . . . these colors are easy to work with, whether monochromatic, tonal or contrasting. Metallic is dressy or casual and WOW!

I have sprayed all my Metallic bags with Apple Rain Guard, but I don't have a testimony yet, except my two-toned bronze French purse which I've used daily for about a month shows no wear.

If it makes your heart :heart: sing . . . get it!:yes:

Baglady never be embarassed about 5 :girlsigh: Bridgits, I have 8 Ali's:yahoo: