Calling all City owners, Join the "city" club

I wouldn't as it would show every little mark
This would be my luck. I wonder what the risk v. reward factor might be.
I had a white city for years. It wore very well. I only sold it because it was missing a strap and never felt complete.
Hm. Thank you. If I get one, chances are low it will be pristine (preloved), so I might not worry that much.

So, after all that fanfare about a white City, I bought this one. The Charbon is coming tomorrow so I am anxious to see how it looks on my 5’8” frame. I’ll post pics of the brown when I get it. Otherwise, I’m quite excited for this next one, as it is quite beautiful, in my opinion.

Chevre Gold Metallic Edge City Bleu Paon, 2014544812E6-2F23-4205-BE97-6CF7A8D19558.jpeg

After a day of stalking the UPS tracking app, I got this baby in tonight. As usual, the handbag looks smaller on me than it does many others, but since I factored in for that, I’m quite happy.

Having close to no prior knowledge about this brand, I think I chose a good one. The interior was flawless and I peeled the plastic protective sticker off the interior plate myself.

I have a question, though: The mirrored tassel makes a loop when it’s zippered inside the exterior pouch. Do most City owners keep the mirror attached to the bag or do they remove it? I don’t think I’ll be using the mirror.

The color is slightly richer than the photos. I’m very happy.

Attachments

• 181D5B65-1412-4959-A82A-B93A1FCD6268.jpeg
    181D5B65-1412-4959-A82A-B93A1FCD6268.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 156FFC19-0320-480F-A05E-624044BE2294.jpeg
    156FFC19-0320-480F-A05E-624044BE2294.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 41
After a day of stalking the UPS tracking app, I got this baby in tonight. As usual, the handbag looks smaller on me than it does many others, but since I factored in for that, I’m quite happy.

Having close to no prior knowledge about this brand, I think I chose a good one. The interior was flawless and I peeled the plastic protective sticker off the interior plate myself.

I have a question, though: The mirrored tassel makes a loop when it’s zippered inside the exterior pouch. Do most City owners keep the mirror attached to the bag or do they remove it? I don’t think I’ll be using the mirror.

I take my mirrors off and store them. There’s enough going on with the other tassels IMO.

I take my mirrors off and store them. There’s enough going on with the other tassels IMO.
Good to know! Thanks! (I agree)

Something that surprised me is how much I like the way the bag looks/feels on my shoulder. I was expecting to use it satchel-only but the shoulder strap is a lot shorter than I‘d anticipated and it falls right behind my upper arm. Definitely getting a casual but collected vibe. I’m kind of sorry to be so late to the game here.

Good to know! Thanks! (I agree)

Something that surprised me is how much I like the way the bag looks/feels on my shoulder. I was expecting to use it satchel-only but the shoulder strap is a lot shorter than I‘d anticipated and it falls right behind my upper arm. Definitely getting a casual but collected vibe. I’m kind of sorry to be so late to the game here.
Slippery slope ahead... :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: SMElleJae
So, after all that fanfare about a white City, I bought this one. The Charbon is coming tomorrow so I am anxious to see how it looks on my 5’8” frame. I’ll post pics of the brown when I get it. Otherwise, I’m quite excited for this next one, as it is quite beautiful, in my opinion.

Chevre Gold Metallic Edge City Bleu Paon, 2014View attachment 4981395
Bar none, this is one of the most beautiful handbags I’ve ever seen, much less owned. The color is stunning in real life. I’d be shocked if these don’t pick up again.

12FE4372-0D27-4486-AF85-0E73A3C749D9.jpeg

4DF71D17-F8F9-4998-92B8-2BC33BF9D250.jpeg

085B31CC-3E58-418E-BE4B-394A8DBE4C37.jpeg

I took this bag out on its maiden voyage with me today. It’s the first non-Lv handbag I’ve worn in....years? I stuffed it full with masks, phone and charger, makeup bag, wallet, things for my Pom, a snack, and it still felt light. I love how comfortable this bag is to wear. No stress on my shoulder and it didn’t bang against me when I walked briskly. No regrets that it doesn’t go crossbody - I didn’t miss a crossbody strap at all. Very impressed with this bag and I’m really glad I bought a second (the metallic edge).

• Love
Reactions: Monz1987
OMG I love Mauve, have been searching for one for some time. I have a city from ss11 in nuage, the colors are quite similar but nuage is more blue than purple, I much love the look of mauve. Have you experienced much fading at all? I get scared to use my nuage one because i’ve seen many online that are basically white from color fade. Gorgeous bag!
Thank you sooo much!!! I love mauve too!! I have a Nuage Weekender, and the colours are very different IRL. Nuage is way more of a blue, and mauve is far more purply. Some similar colours to mauve would be outremer or even Bleu lavande. Nuage is definitely prone to fading like you said, as mine has faded quite drastically, but my mauve city hasn’t faded at all. I don’t think the leather from that year is prone to fading because of the shiny coating. Let me know if you ever find one!! I found my mauve city on Poshmark and got it for a steal! Good luck :flowers:

Reactions: miumiu666
Reactions: SMElleJae