Calling all CHICAGO-ITES!!! How impossible is it for me to get a hotel this weekend?

purplekitty

Certified bag addict
Mar 31, 2006
Good luck, lol! I live in Chicago, too. I would highly NOT recommend staying near O'Hare, first of all, it's quite a drive away from the McCormick Place, and secondly, especially on a holiday weekend, the traffic is bad throughout the whole area.
Here is a website showing a list of hotels near the McCormick Place
http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels/locations/Chicago/IL/usa/418/#%23visited=true.
And I agree with Intl about the transportation system. My best advice is to try to avoid the CTA metra trains if at all possible.
Besides all that, have an AWESOME weekend here, there is a lot going on!

Mar 14, 2006
the lowcountry
Good luck, lol! I live in Chicago, too. I would highly NOT recommend staying near O'Hare, first of all, it's quite a drive away from the McCormick Place, and secondly, especially on a holiday weekend, the traffic is bad throughout the whole area.
this is exactly what I was going to say, getting to o'hare on a regular day is a pain, chicago is a super traffic-y city, and Thanksgiving weekend is the most traffic-y holiday of them all. pay more and stay in the city.