Calling all Chanel lovers ...

harley

Look out Singapore!!
Jan 10, 2006
Well that would be all of us, right? Just curious as to what brands you guys don't care for - if any. For some reason I just don't find Dior that appealing and I have yet to see one person carry a Versace, which i also find rather tacky.

I find LV monogram "too showy"/"too loud"....especially the latest range with the "leopard" design on it. But there's 1 black embossed monogram..i find pretty nice...but it is too big as a bag..the size more like a overnight bag.

I agree w/ nerd! LOL! Everyone try and be civilized about which designer they don't like for the sake of our friends!

I don't care for Hermes.
I don't love LV but I love my Batignolles Horizontal because I can use it as a throw around bag or when I don't want to worry about my bag.
There's a lot I will probably never buy; Hermes, Prada, Juicy, D&B, etc . . .

I did stop into my local Bottega store this week on my birthday and lusted after the Ball pretty bad though. I can imagine she'll be finding a place in my closet eventually:heart:

I don't like slouchy bags much, just not my style, so I'm not a fan of Balenciaga bags or any other designers that are known for slouchy hobo type bags (Boktier, Kooba, etc.)

I really don't care for LV monogram in handbags. I do have an LV red epi speedy and I love it. Of course, the luggage I would take anyday!!

Marc Jacobs bags are way too heavy for me.
Fendi Spy don't seem to age well if they are used frequently and to me now look a bit "trendy".

I also want to add that one of the reasons I love Chanel is that they have such a wide range of designs.

I don't care for LV, with the exception of the carryalls, I don't live Dooney and Bourke at all, yuck, and I don't really feel the joy with Dior. And even though I think Hermes made great bags, if I was to wear one I would feel real strange, even stranger than I usually feel...:nuts:

I could never get into the mania of LV. It could be just me not understanding something.

I've never seen anyone carry a Versace... Dior and Fendi don't do anything for me.

I'm pretty much open to anything as long as the quality is impeccable and I love the style. Just when I think I'd NEVER buy a bag from this or that designer, they come up with something I like. So I make it a point to look at just about everything and pick and choose from there...

The only other bag that I am consistently attracted to are balenciagas--I think I have about 6 right now. I love the leather and the rock and roll style. I used to love LV -my first step into the addicting world of handbags-- but am not into them at all now. I am just down to my one speedy. Also have one paddy. No other designers really turn my head.

I ONLY LOVE CHANEL.... THE CLASSIC BAGS ARE THE BEST..
I USED TO LOVE GUCCI AND BOUGHT ALL TYPES OF BAGS- AND I DONT EVER CARRY ANY OF THEM ANYMORE..TOO MANY FAKES AND THE STYLE JUST DID NOT DO IT 4 ME ANYMORE
I NEVER EVER EVER EVER LIKE LV BAGS..JUST NOT MY STYLE.. TO MANY FAKES.. I DO HOWEVER HAVE THE LIL SMALL POCHETTE.. THAT MY DAUGHTER USES NOW..
I GOT PRADA BAGS THAT WERE JUST TO CUTE N0T TO HAVE.. WITH MATCHING SHOES.. THATS THE ONE THING ABOUT PRADA THERE IS ALWAYS A SHOE TO MATCH A BAG- UNLIKE MY FAVORITE COCO...
I GOT A FENDI OR TWO- CUTE STYLES..
NO NO NO NO DIOR I THINK ALL THE LOOKS ARE TACKY (JUST MY OPINION NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE)
I GOT A FEW VERSACE'S NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT VERY OVERPRICED AND EXPENSIVE AND NOT WORTH IT
BUT I MUST SAY DOLCE AND GABANA BAGS ARE GREAT..THEIR STYLE IS IN YOUR FACE YET SUTTLE(WELL THE BAGS I HAVE) THEY MAKE GREAT QUALITY LEATHER- PLUS I LOVE DOLCE AND GABANA CLOTHING TOO...
GOT A FEW OLDER MOCHINOS AND THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A FEW I SEEN SOMEWHERE...
i

Chanel is subtle and doesn't scream ,"Oh look at my bag, oh please look at my bag." Additionally, CHanel is one of the few that the fakes aren't able to copy. Look at LV's. There are FAKES EVERYWHERE!!! SOmetimes I can't even tell from a fake to a real one.

But before I could afford Chanel, Gucci was my favorite. I always bought distinct pieces or whatever that caught my eye that I would consider carrying. Bally was the other bag that I favored because their leather was different. I have to take a pic of my entire collection at home to share with everyone. I prolly only have three LV pieces and that was way back then before I discovered that Chanel was pretty affordable and has way more styles which are classic and chic.

When I was in Italy, all I bought was Gucci and more Gucci and Bally shoes. Those two were the top on my list. My friends were taking pics of the picturesque views of Italy and the ancient Roman ruins, whereas I was posing with my Gucci paperbags. *Tsk tsk*

RIght now the only thing I am waiting for is the HErmes. The wait has made me WANT a Hermes way more. After saving for awhile, I can finally say I am a proud owner of a Birkin. Oops, I mean soon to be.

Seriously how many handbags can I carry at one given time, probably one but why do we women crave for more? :P

Chanel is really my one and only love now. I sold my one and only LV (Speedy 30) and don't even miss it; I really thought I would miss that bag.

I still love my Chloe Paddington bags and Silverado tote. I'm not ready to part with them yet because Chloe uses such gorgeous leather for their bags. The traditional Paddington satchel I feel will be classic.

Hermes has never interested me at all but then, neither did Chanel, and look where I am now!