Calling all Boxers(dogs)

Boxermom??? Where's the pics of your baby?? ;)

Here they are!!! We got back home Wed. afternoon and I didn't have the energy to do this till tonight. He's our 4th rescue boxer and the 1st one who wasn't senior age. Boy, boxers are energetic! He weighs 75 pounds. Someone surrendered him at the pound saying he was ugly. I can't imagine what Sabo (name he came with) had to endure with an owner like that. He loves chewing on sticks in the backyard, playing with his toys, especially the squeaky ones, emptying wastebaskets, climbing into laps. He loved his agility class, which surprised me. He was quite good at it.

Attachments

• Sabooutside2.jpg
    Sabooutside2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Saboonbed.jpg
    Saboonbed.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Sabo-2_edited-1.jpg
    Sabo-2_edited-1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Saboagilityjump.jpg
    Saboagilityjump.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 50
Someone surrendered him at the pound saying he was ugly. I can't imagine what Sabo (name he came with) had to endure with an owner like that. He loves chewing on sticks in the backyard, playing with his toys, especially the squeaky ones, emptying wastebaskets, climbing into laps. He loved his agility class, which surprised me. He was quite good at it.

It makes me SO ANGRY to hear that. Sabo's not the least bit ugly!!! He's a gorgeous Good Big Boxer Baby! haha

He looks wonderful...thanks for the pics. We're so thankful to have gotten Duke at 18 months...but when the day comes that he is gone we'll rescue another boxer right away...there's no breed like them.

I could talk all day about boxers. Boxer people are different. I was walking one of our previous boxers in the local park and a man came running towards us across the park with his Boxer, saying he just wanted to meet our dog and how much he loved his dog and the breed in general! It was funny but I completely understood. I always have my Boxer radar turned on and notice them.

Frankie, Duke, Masai, Daizy, and Daisy, you all are beautiful and handsome and lucky to be in homes that appreciate the special qualities that Boxers have! Yay for Boxer furmommies! We've gone from buying puppies from breeders to getting older dogs from rescue groups. It's all so rewarding.

Here's my Boxer Story for today:

This morning at about 6 a.m. I hear Duke not really barking but 'woofing' in the back yard. He's not a barker. He rarely says a word. So at first I was amused at hearing his voice and didn't think much of it. After about ten straight minutes of "woof... ...wooooff" I decided to check it out.

I peeked out the back and our darling boxer doggie was woofing and hopping and lowering his muzzle to something on the ground. Since we've had rattlesnakes in the neighborhood, my immediate concern was that he'd be bitten by a snake (since I couldn't see what he was so involved with).

I flung open the back door and he looked at me w/ his mouth all foamed up and ran over to me ...the look on his face was, "YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!"

There was a toad. One little toad on the edge of the porch. I shook my head and said, "Duke. Are you torturing this toad?"

Clearly it tasted too horrid for him to actually damage the little creature, but I scooped it up and took it through the house and deposited it in our flower bed. I figured it would either expire there or disappear (the latter is what happened...it was gone when I walked Hub to the car when he left for work).

I was worried about Duke's foamy mouth tho so I made him stay on the porch and I got a big bowl of fresh water and he sat like a sweet baby and let me straddle him and rinse off his whole face and in his mouth. He's so good...hehe

voodoo, I LOVE your story!! We had a boxer that would do the exact same thing with the little toads in the yard. She sort of played with them, but didn't go too far with it. I love the part about the soft "woof-woof".

I needed a chuckle today--thanks.

Interesting to see that almost none of the boxers featured here have cropped ears. My DH and I never even considered it for our Violet. We've also left her tail long. I really want to post some pics of her, she's so cute with her googly eyes!!

Interesting to see that almost none of the boxers featured here have cropped ears. My DH and I never even considered it for our Violet. We've also left her tail long. I really want to post some pics of her, she's so cute with her googly eyes!!

I love Duke's soft, floppy ears! But if they had been cropped by the previous owner we'd still love him haha If we ever got a puppy we wouldn't crop it's ears tho...

And I'd love to see Violet!!!!

^^^Duke and your daughter are so funny together. I'm old and I get on the floor and wrestle with my dogs! I'm so happy you adopted him--what a happy life he has now.

Ok.. I know I am late and this tread is OLD:shame: but I wanted to post my girl Zoe. She is 5 years old and we have had her since she was a little puppy. WE LOVE her so much! We had her before we had our 2 little girls and she just made the transition so wonderfully. She is the best dog around our babies.. she is so patient and loving with my 2.5 year old daughter. She plays so gently with the kids and is even good with the cats:lol: I am a boxer lover for life! I don't think I could have another breed:tender:

Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• zoesmall.jpg
    zoesmall.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 38
  • ZoeonBed2.jpg
    ZoeonBed2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 39
Taralindsey, your Zoe is so cute, I want to kiss her sweet face. They like getting on the bed, don't they? Thanks for posting her pics. For big dogs, most of them seem to know how to act around little children. Our 78# boy was just fine with our 18mo old grandson in July.