calling all bosphore backpack experts. question about grab handle

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
i was hoping someone out there could tell me a little about why they changed the grab handle on this backpack from all leather to webbing/ leather combo around 2015? was there an issue with the all leather grab handle? i was just wondering about the pros and cons of each version. i think i prefer the leather one but just wanted to check with anyone who might have more insight. thanks in advance : )

i was hoping someone out there could tell me a little about why they changed the grab handle on this backpack from all leather to webbing/ leather combo around 2015? was there an issue with the all leather grab handle? i was just wondering about the pros and cons of each version. i think i prefer the leather one but just wanted to check with anyone who might have more insight. thanks in advance : )

what backpack are you referring to? i not seeing a pic or style in your original post.

Sorry, not sure about that one. More than likely it was due to cost cutting. They can repair the grab handle either way regardless.
was just hoping someone might know a bit more about the change and whether the leather handle had any issues. over the years i have found that there is a wealth of info on these boards.

I have had one without full leather. It’s a 2016. my friend has one with full leather but I prefer mine. But my friend don’t have any issues with the handle, like me. Sorry can’t really help you but wanna say just my preference

thanks for your input : ) do you still have your bosphore? if so how do you like it?
I sold it few days before cause I didn’t use it anymore. Hope I don’t regret it. Before This I wear it all the time for 2 years long. Most as a diaper bag or a backpack with 2 toddlers. For me the best and most beautiful backpack. So functional. I love it but cause I don’t wear it I sold and another one can enjoy it. Do you have an eye of it ?

I'm not sure why they changed it. I think the webbing combo prevents discoloration from hand oils, sweat and etc. I have the old one with the all leather handle and I don't grab it there much. I think the newer version will be more expensive on the pre-loved market, so I'd say go with either one that's in the best condition for the best price. I love my bosphore for carrying light items. When I carry more items and on airplanes I use my Montsouris GM.

I'm not sure why they changed it. I think the webbing combo prevents discoloration from hand oils, sweat and etc. I have the old one with the all leather handle and I don't grab it there much. I think the newer version will be more expensive on the pre-loved market, so I'd say go with either one that's in the best condition for the best price. I love my bosphore for carrying light items. When I carry more items and on airplanes I use my Montsouris GM.
thank you for the reply : ) i decided to go for the all leather handle one. i just prefer it. it's interesting that you mention the montsouris gm. i almost went for that one instead, but i don't really like the metal grab ring and i like the outer pockets on the bosphore. i was surprised to hear that the montsouris carried more. i would have thought they would have a similar capacity. thanks for the info : )

Reactions: calipursegal
thank you for the reply : ) i decided to go for the all leather handle one. i just prefer it. it's interesting that you mention the montsouris gm. i almost went for that one instead, but i don't really like the metal grab ring and i like the outer pockets on the bosphore. i was surprised to hear that the montsouris carried more. i would have thought they would have a similar capacity. thanks for the info : )

It definitely holds more, but the bosphore is much more stylish. All the outer pockets (as you know) make your life so much easier!

I own the older version. I am unsure why they changed the handle but I also prefer the all leather handle, personally. For whatever reason, I didn’t like the look of the updated version. I love mine! I use it as a diaper bag and for travel. I did a ton of research and picked it over the montsouris gm because I prefer the canvas on the bottom to the all leather vachetta bottom on the montsouris gm. I also prefer the exterior pockets on the bosphore as it makes it easy to organize and access certain items quickly. The long side pocket is my favorite and when traveling I use a charm to hook the d-ring and zipper together to almost lock it in a way to prevent easy access from someone else getting into it. Saw that tip on YouTube somewhere. Also I found a great felt insert by KD Designs that I use to protect the inside since I put snacks and drinks inside sometimes for my son. And I added a drawstring slider like you see on neo now (bought a vachetta leather slider online) and it makes it way easier to get in and out of the bag now without having to tie/untie it each time. I hope you are enjoying yours!

Reactions: iluminadablue