Calling all bijoux or new chain owners!

nwa_nwa_nwa

Jan 1, 2007
I am wondering if you have the same “problem” with the bijoux chain or other Chanel metal only chain strap. When I carried my flaps as a double chain strap style, one or both chains keep falling off from my shoulder. I don’t seem to have the same issue with a leather woven chain like that of the classic flap. The classic chain stayed on most of the time when I was moving my arm around. What would you do?

I have a reissue and a medium flap with the new chain and I do have the same problem with the chain slipping off when it is carried double chain style. It really doesn't bother me since I like to carry it single chain. I suppose if you overlap the chains it might help to prevent the chains from falling off the shoulder.

The new chain is different than the bijoux chain, more slippery. It doesnt bother me much, then again I have only used my new chain bag for about one hour, if I were to walk around with it all day then I could not deal with it falling off of my shoulder. The bijoux chain I usually wear messenger style , so it hast been a problem, maybe you can use it on your arm .

hum....bijoux chain stay on my shoulder much better than regular chains, plus i have narrow shoulders? I can't even wear MC (w/resin linked chains) tote, but bijoux stays perfect :yes:

I have the bijoux chain and wear it single. sometimes it does slip off but i
attribute that more to the material of what i am wearing more than anything else.

Don't have the problem and I have bags in both the new chain and bijoux chain.

That said, I have really "boney" shoulders (but big bums!) so that might explain why the chain does not fall off my shoulder! :upsidedown:

It must be just me then. I carried them on the shoulder double chain style when I was wearing my tweed jacket and Chloe dress. I will try some of the earlier suggestions and see if the bijoux/new chain would "behave" better. Thank you all.

ok... don't laugh but i do not have perfect shoulders. my shoulders actually slope downward a little so everything slips off, even bras straps...lol. what i find that works for me is to kind of overlap the straps. do not know if it makes sense but it works for me. best of luck.

The bijoux chain does slip off my shoulders too, I just put one chain over the other and it stays on. The reissue and classic chain on the other hand don't have that problem.