Calling all Bal Mommies! Need advice

smacedo

Apr 14, 2013
I know many people will say not to use a Bal Bag for a diaper bag, but I don't care. I've looked at just about every non-traditional diaper bag out there and they still all scream diaper bag. I do like the Fawn Design and I may purchase that as a back up for trips/Disneyland stuff like that. But I keep coming back to a Bal Bag as an every day diaper bag. I'm no fool and I know like any designer bag they need love and TLC. I'm conscious of all my designer bags and treat them well. So, I plan to purchase a used Bal Bag. For obvious reasons. And I also plan to use a diaper bag insert to keep everything upright.

This will be my second baby. I had my first in 2015, so my experience with diaper bags is still fresh in my mind. Especially since I still use one. I would also like to say with this being my second time around, I'm much more knowledgeable in what's necessary and how to pack in order to avoid spills and messes. This post is for all the Moms that use or have used a Bal Bag for a diaper bag...and loved it and made it work. Which bag did you use? Which ones have the best room? Any advice? So far I'm considering the Day, and any of the totes, possibly a City but I'm not sold on it yet. And I do need a style that has a strap along with handles. TIA!

I have twins who have been out of diapers for a while (they're teenagers). I well remember all the stuff that accompanied us on an outing when they were young. I also happen to be a Bal fanatic and have almost every style. In my opinion, the City would be too small. The Day might work, my only issue with it is that it is a bottomless pit and hard to find things in a pinch. You might consider a Velo. The nice aspect of this style is that it is a cross body, and quite roomy. You can also loop the strap so it is a shoulder bag instead of a crossbody. The Work style is larger than a City and might be a good option as well. Congratulations!!!!!

Reactions: smacedo
Thank you for replying! I'm considering the work. I like Day but I'm not really hobo type of gal. I've been considering the Pompon actually. I can sew and I thought I could easily make a custom diaper bag organizer to slide inside. I'm loving the look and straps of the pompon. The used pieces seem to be in much better shape than some of the other styles.

Thank you for replying! I'm considering the work. I like Day but I'm not really hobo type of gal. I've been considering the Pompon actually. I can sew and I thought I could easily make a custom diaper bag organizer to slide inside. I'm loving the look and straps of the pompon. The used pieces seem to be in much better shape than some of the other styles.

I also wanted to mention that I find the Work bag heavier than some of the other styles. I think this is because in addition to the hardware on the front, it also has feet.

Oh! Good to know. The feet might be kind of nice though. It's such a hard choice. I love Balenciaga. I want everything.

Hi! I either use the velo or mini city when I have the kids with me. The velo holds everything I need and I love the cross body/hands free option. When I need slots to stick their water bottles or when I have the stroller with me, I hang my traditional diaper bag on the stroller and wear my mini city which holds my essentials. Then I don't have to rummage around to find my phone, wallet, or keys. Hope that helps! When I was looking, I also found the Bbag square tote that kourtney kardashian used as a diaper bag but eventually decided against it because it looked HUGE :smile:

Hi! I either use the velo or mini city when I have the kids with me. The velo holds everything I need and I love the cross body/hands free option. When I need slots to stick their water bottles or when I have the stroller with me, I hang my traditional diaper bag on the stroller and wear my mini city which holds my essentials. Then I don't have to rummage around to find my phone, wallet, or keys. Hope that helps! When I was looking, I also found the Bbag square tote that kourtney kardashian used as a diaper bag but eventually decided against it because it looked HUGE :smile:

The Velo is one that keeps popping up too! I'm going to look into that one next. I've seen the one KK used! It's very cute, but you're right. It looks HUGE. Plus, I haven't seen too many of the square totes floating around for resale. I've seen a couple, but not in colors that I like or prices that I like.

The Velo is one that keeps popping up too! I'm going to look into that one next. I've seen the one KK used! It's very cute, but you're right. It looks HUGE. Plus, I haven't seen too many of the square totes floating around for resale. I've seen a couple, but not in colors that I like or prices that I like.
I forgot to mention- the mini city was super useful when my youngest was in the carrier a lot. I could carry the bag easily by the handles. I think at that age I just left his diapers in the car or put them under the stroller. Easier to run after my toddler while he was in the carrier :smile: good luck deciding!!

I forgot to mention- the mini city was super useful when my youngest was in the carrier a lot. I could carry the bag easily by the handles. I think at that age I just left his diapers in the car or put them under the stroller. Easier to run after my toddler while he was in the carrier :smile: good luck deciding!!

Awe thanks! It's going to be a tough decision but I've got several great styles to choose from,

I tried to use a Work, City and Day as a diaper bag without any success. Ended up getting an LV messenger that was indestructible. I have even washed the LV in the washing machine (gentle cycle) with no problems. Looked super cute worn messenger style, and the strap fit over the stroller handles without issue.

BTW, the Day bag gets really heavy and you cannot find anything when you need it. HTH!

Work doesn't have any other straps only top handles, i would be considering either Day, or Velo

I'm considering the Pompon with a custom diaper bag organizer to slide inside to keep everything upright. It would really be for running errands, going out to eat, etc. I'm a SAHM so if we're out of the house it's usually for just a few hours. I'm going to buy the Fawn Design diaper bag as s back up for heavy duty needs. Any thoughts on the Pompon??