Calling all bag ladies...

^^ Sure, 35cm chevre Birkins do exist but they are hard to find, as is any chevre Birkin!
I see a few 35cm in chevre on ebay from time to time and a few ladies here own them.

GT....exactly! I think anything in Chevre will be stunning because this leather seems to hold the dye vey, very well. But since I'm not really a bright color kinda girl (I've got to change this!) the Caramel is as bright as I can handle in Chevre.

And I'M a BIG fan of Croc in Kelly's as well. And if it's vintage? WHOOHOO, I'm SOLD!!!!! ......but then that's a given.....:P

.......10-days and counting until Croc comes home!!!! :girlsigh:

shopmom411 said:
GT....exactly! I think anything in Chevre will be stunning because this leather seems to hold the dye vey, very well. But since I'm not really a bright color kinda girl (I've got to change this!) the Caramel is as bright as I can handle in Chevre.

One color I would not do in chevre is jaune (yellow)! I saw some accessories and the color does not pop up so much. It looks more subdued and dull in my opinion. In epsom, yellow is gorgeous.

What about durability? I know that clemence and togo are durable, but I would like a 35 vert anis and am considering epsom and chevre. Is this reasonable for a bag that will truly be used, and banged around? Are these leathers that much harder to get? Is there a significant color difference among the 4 leathers in vert anis?
[sorry for all the questions but I am a total novice]

When I think of a bag really getting used and bumped around I would probably choose the epsom myself over the chevre. The chevre is durable (don't get me wrong), but I can really see it getting banged up and not looking great. I still think you need to nurse chevre a bit. IMO.

Like I started this thread saying...before you choose a color or a leather please try to see a bag in person...even if it is not the style you will buy. The colors pick up differently on different leathers. It may surprise you.

All bags can be hard to find, but eventually you will find it!

Kelly,..

I just got off the phone with my sa and I asked her if she can assist me in finding an impossible bag! She said I would have to come in and place an order. I'm surprised that she said that because I thought that I couldn't turn in any orders because it was closed.

Well,.. this is what I want,.

32cm Kelly in Garanch Clemance gold hardware.

I fell inlove with the color when I was there and I think I might hold off on another Birkin purchase if this color combo was to be available.

The color is very bold in Clemance and it spits at you like tangy candy in your mouth. I love the gold undertones in this color as well. I hope I can find her, she's gonna be a stunner.

Kellybag said:
Like I started this thread saying...before you choose a color or a leather please try to see a bag in person...even if it is not the style you will buy. The colors pick up differently on different leathers. It may surprise you.
Ditto! The colors do pick up differently on diffrent leathers. IMOE&O, Vermillon on Chevre de Coromandel Birkin is more subdue and no orange undertone (more so in togo, IMO), than Vermillon in Chevre Mysore Birkin which is brighter-red with a tad of orange undertone, lesser sheen/spine, leather is tougher(harder).:rolleyes:

I like soft smooth, less/smooth grain, leathers (my bags are in Box, Veau Swift, Chevre Coromandel) that will hold their shaps well. I don't care much for exotic skins, but they are gorgeous! I would like to have a Swift Birkin one day!:jammin: It so soft and buttery, but not slouchy, IMO.! Kelly, maybe in another Box leather or chevre.

I guess for me in choosing a bag is seeing how it looks in the leathers and colors!!:yes: :love: I've seen togo, clemence, liegee, evergrain, mysore, epsom, ostrich, fijord, natural, ...in some different colors and still not attracted to these leathers. But, you never know, I might see them in colors I might like one day!:graucho:

As far as caring for a bag, every bags require loving care, right!! As long as you :heart: and enjoy them!!:wlae: :flowers:

Greentea said:
^^ Sure, 35cm chevre Birkins do exist but they are hard to find, as is any chevre Birkin!
I see a few 35cm in chevre on ebay from time to time and a few ladies here own them.

My SA told me it takes 3 goats to make one 35cm Birkin!! At least I think three for a 35 because she told me that when I bought my Coromandel Birkin.:upsidedown:

Kellybag said:
Wow ^^...three!!! Yikes, that is alot. We need to say a prayer for the goats! I still love the chevre though.

I know, Kellybag.:crybaby: When my SA told me that, it dawned on me to reality where the leather came from. I was a little bit put-off..kinda sad..and then, my SA had to mention the spine..I was like..:hysteric: :crybaby: but, you know how the story ends.:love: