Calling all artsy owners! Question...

MandaB

Oct 20, 2013
Hi everyone! As some of you may have seen in my reveal, I got my beloved artsy last night. Now, my question is, we are moving to Canada next week we fly out on Monday. So...how many of you have flown with your artsy? Does it fit under the seat in front of you like they make you do on the plane? Or if it doesn't & I have to smoosh her down to fit will that do any harm to the handle or anything? (I have the mono) I can't decide if I should use her or just stick to my speedy OR try & fit one of my neverfull GM's under the seat, anyone know if those fit either?? Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your Artsy! I usually fly with either my Del GM or NF MM for the "under the seat" bag because they are great for travel, and the canvas is very pliable. I have seen posts that the NF GM also fits under the seat of a plane. Although I have never traveled with my Artsy, you could if you wanted to.... I guess the question is, do you want to put a brand new bag under the plane seat? Personally I would feel better traveling with a bag that is not brand new, but that is just me! :P I think it would fit, and if you take it I would recommend storing it in the dust bag or even another nylon tote. HTH and enjoy your new bag! :biggrin:

Congrats on your Artsy! I usually fly with either my Del GM or NF MM for the "under the seat" bag because they are great for travel, and the canvas is very pliable. I have seen posts that the NF GM also fits under the seat of a plane. Although I have never traveled with my Artsy, you could if you wanted to.... I guess the question is, do you want to put a brand new bag under the plane seat? Personally I would feel better traveling with a bag that is not brand new, but that is just me! :P I think it would fit, and if you take it I would recommend storing it in the dust bag or even another nylon tote. HTH and enjoy your new bag! :biggrin:

Thanks so much! I agree, I don't want to pack her away but I also don't really want her under the seat 🙊 I think I'll use my DE speedy or NF at least now I know the GM will fit! I wasn't sure since it's such a large bag hehe. Thanks again :smile:

I've travelled with mines. I always put my bag under the seat without any issues I also find if I put my feet against it and my jacket on my knee they never notice if I've not out it fully under. You know what it's like when you've got a Full bag

Thx everyone I think it would fit but I do agree I better take an older bag until it gets some more use ;). I'm thinking my neverfull GM I'm going to try not to fill it too much so it fits under the seat I hope it does!

Congrats on your new bag! I agree with some of the other posters, you should carry something else for the flight. On our last trip to Vegas, the person sitting next to me spilled their bloody mary and some of it landed on me and my bag. Luckily it came right off the bag but I don't think I'll be flying with vacheta after that incident.

I agree with the others that I would not take my brand new artsy on the plane. I'd also be worried about things falling out under the seat since there is no zipper in the artsy. Seems like too nice of a bag to be stuffed under an airline seat...I'd take the speedy instead...

Congrats on your new bag! I agree with some of the other posters, you should carry something else for the flight. On our last trip to Vegas, the person sitting next to me spilled their bloody mary and some of it landed on me and my bag. Luckily it came right off the bag but I don't think I'll be flying with vacheta after that incident.

😱 oh my goodness!!!!! That's terrifying! This is why I usually travel with DE canvas lol I'm worried about things like this ahh! I'm glad ur bag was ok :smile:

I agree with the others that I would not take my brand new artsy on the plane. I'd also be worried about things falling out under the seat since there is no zipper in the artsy. Seems like too nice of a bag to be stuffed under an airline seat...I'd take the speedy instead...

Thx for the advice :smile: I used my speedy last time but this time I have so much I'm leaning towards the neverfull. Moving to another country means soooo much stuff esp with a toddler lol!! :smile:

Brand new to this blog as of today. Just reading over the comments here and just wanted to say thank you for all the great REAL reviews/comments. I am debating the Artsy MM vs. Neverfull Damier MM. I have quickly learned that the two are uncomparable.