Calling all Artsy Mono and/or Python handle bag owners

LoveLapson

Rockstar
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
So, I just purchased the Artsy Mono Exotic Handle in Python and have been researching for a while now. There seems to be so many varied opinions on several issues.

Do you take your Mono Canvas out in the rain/snow?
How did you break in your Artsy? I've read conflicting reviews if using the doorknob method is actually good for the newer Artsys.
Do you carry the bag open style, or do you overlap the canvas to make it appear closed, if so how?

If you have any Python Handle Bags, how is your handle holding up? Roughness, peeling etc? Do you use this as your everyday bag? Do you bring this out in rain/snow?

Thanks for your time! So excited to have this bag as my first LV purchase :smile: :heart:

Last edited:
First, congrats on your new bag, you made the right choice. I have the Artsy Mono and I carry it in the rain. I didn't hang it off a door handle as I just let it fall naturally. I do wear it over my shoulder but I don't feel my bag is too open and easily accessible.

Reactions: LoveLapson
Congrats! I have 3 Artsys. I don't advise doing anything to the handle...it will break in with use. I don't normally take my bags with vachetta in the rain, and I don't know how that would affect your handle. I would err on the side of caution. Sometimes I overlap the top of my bags, but usually they are just open. Enjoy your bag!

I let my artsy sit in the sunlight for days, then I wiped the handle with a damp white cloth before I carried her (patina champ method) and got caught in a rainstorm the first week of carry. The strap dried without one spot on it!

Congrats on your new handbag! I love it. The artsy is my favorite. And I totally agree with what WenD08 said.

Congrats! I have 3 Artsys. I don't advise doing anything to the handle...it will break in with use. I don't normally take my bags with vachetta in the rain, and I don't know how that would affect your handle. I would err on the side of caution. Sometimes I overlap the top of my bags, but usually they are just open. Enjoy your bag!

I let my artsy sit in the sunlight for days, then I wiped the handle with a damp white cloth before I carried her (patina champ method) and got caught in a rainstorm the first week of carry. The strap dried without one spot on it!

Thanks all! :heart: