calling 09 black owners -- how are they wearing in?

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
I've been impressed with the 09 black bags we've seen here -- they seem to be truly black with good leather and good colour saturations.

All of you here lucky enough to own an 09 black bbag -- how is yours wearing in? How is the leather holding up for example? Are you happy with your bag? Please tell us of your experience and post pics of your bags if you can.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. :flowers:

Mine is wearing in very well, thank you :biggrin:

In fact every time I look at it, it seems to have become softer, more slouchy and more yummy! Also, it seems that the leather is even getting thicker ... I'm sure that's not really what is happening. It's probably because it gets softer that it feels thicker :shrugs:

Btw, we need more pics in this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/the-09-club-443004.html

Last edited:
Great to hear! Is the colour lightening where you notice some stretching/wearing in (ie around the handle or strap attachments)?

Thanks for pointing me to the 09 club thread, I didn't know it existed.

In fact every time I look at it, it seems to have become softer, more slouchy and more yummy! Also, it seems that the leather is even getting thicker ... I'm sure that's not really what is happening. It's probably because it gets softer that it feels thicker :shrugs:

Btw, we need more pics in this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/the-09-club-443004.html

Actually, I was just going to add that I got mine in December. I've carry it several times a week (whenever it's not raining) and it is still jet black.

There's absolutely no stretching/wearing and apart from the above mentioned (softer, more slouchy etc.) it is like a new bag. Only better :P

i think my black city is growing good as well....although my corners and tassels are not that jet black from the beginning....the leather it uses to cover the edges are also not as jet black as the body of my bag.....i am wondering do other 09 city owners have the same issue?

the body is breaking in nicely for mine one....

My City was the exception to '09 black, not a true jet black, but a nice soft black, the overall color didn't fade once broken in, but the sides of the bag looked dry, and not as saturated, as the front and back. My '09 Day is PERFECT, jet black, smooshy, distressed leather, has broken in perfectly, after only a month, and the color seems to look richer now that its breaking in.

Hi drati...I am still in love with my '09 Part-time Black Bbag...here is a pic of it...I just took the pic right now at work...LOL.
I got the bag around February '09, and have used it everyday.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
i think my black city is growing good as well....although my corners and tassels are not that jet black from the beginning....the leather it uses to cover the edges are also not as jet black as the body of my bag.....i am wondering do other 09 city owners have the same issue?

the body is breaking in nicely for mine one....

Mine is the same re: tassle and corners, and it's also breaking in very nicely. I'm happy with my 09 Black City :smile:

I haven't started carrying my black City yet because I like my new First so much (more) ... but I can't bear to give it up b/c the leather is really nice, especially compared to 08. intense black color, moist and thick and smooshy from the beginning.

I have a 2009 Black City with GSH and it is definitely getting softer every day...I remember when I first got her, she was real tough, and not soft and smooshy, but just really brand new ya know.
But I've been holding here since on and off, and she is definitely getting softer as time goes by. When I put her down now, she just droops and puddles and I know a year from now, she will be perfection!
I will try to post some pics this weekend.
But it is true, with more and more use, they get softer!;)

Any pics of this 'getting softer and thicker' bbag? Would love the chance to see it!

drati- thanks for opening this thread up. Great idea!