Call Me Reverend Shushopn

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I just ordained myself online at the Universal Life Church (www.ulc.org).

In some other post I mentioned how my close friend was 5 months pregnant and about to be married in the catholic church and she was worried that they would notice (or care) and not marry her. To ease her stress I offered to ordain myself for free online. She refused b/c she thought I would turn her wedding into a comedy show:rolleyes: . She asked that I ordain my husband instead b/c he would be good at it. I did and now he goes around bragging he's a reverend and even ordered luggage tags. Luckily, she's a twig and looks like one even 5 months pregnant so the priest never noticed a thing.

Well, DH is away, I'm bored and I had some wine so I finally got around to it. I would appreciate it if you would call me Rev from now on and bow when I enter the PF. In return I will try to keep you from going to hell, but I'm Jewish and don't believe in hell so I'm kind of useless.

I am now open for confession. Bring it on:yes:

2. I think I'm still ordained as a Minister too. LOL. I'm the Jewy-ist minister there is. :lol:

3. Hey, don't tread on my turf Japster! I feel there's a lot of work to be done here:yes:

I'm so Jewy-er than you by the way;)

4. You need to start blessing all purses or start performing marriages here (Meg and Vlad maybe?)

5. Japster - I'll bless anything - I'm a little loopy. I read Megs dad is kind of traditional but it would be my honor to wed them...for a price:graucho:

6. Ok, Confessional closed for tonite...too tired and loopy to do whatever reverends do. Feel free to come to me for spiritual guidance when I am awake.

7. Oooh! I'm no longer alone. Maybe we start a thread called "The Confessional" where you can get absolution for your purse purchases!:P

For a nominal fee! :graucho:

8. Pejcharat - forget that I bet there is much juicier stuff to uncover here (I mean give absolution for)

9. Lol ^

10. I am also an ordained minister. I am Wiccan. Since there really isn't an official "Church of Wicca" in existence to get ordained at, the only way a Wiccan High Priest or Priestess can get credentials that would allow them to perform legally binding handfastings is through the ULC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice