Call me crazy, but...

yhassan

O.G.
Feb 16, 2006
I really want to convert my new coach planner to have 6 rings...I know, I know it sounds crazy but I love it so much & it would be sooo much more useful if it didn't use the spiral inserts. I have the 6 ring metal area from an old agenda I removed & I really want to try & attach it to my coach one. That way I can add all my filofax inserts in it & use it as a wallet too. I know it could ruin it, but both agendas look the same without the metal rings in the middle so I don't see why it wouldn't work....any thoughts on my craziness?? Please let me know!!

Ok. If you have your heart set on the 6 rings this is what I would do. Go and practice attaching the rings in cheaper planners with similar layout/designs. That way you get a hang of what you want to do.

Maybe there is also a way to get the rings as an insert to use instead of the spirals. Check office supply stores, they may have something that you are looking for.

Make sure to post on how this turns out. I would kill for a 6-ring agenda in crimson leather. The spiral ones are gorgeous but totally useless for me.

I like batgirl's suggestion of looking for 6-ring inserts at office supply stores. I'm going to check into that.

I'm sorry, but what are 6-ring inserts? I just took out the ring part from an old planner. Do they sell these seperatly?

Sialia - I know what you mean! I coudln't resist a planner to match my signature stripe tote but it's sooo much more practical to have the rings in it instead of the spirals, so I hope this works!! If anyone has any more words of wisdom, I'm here to listen & learn!

I'm sorry, but what are 6-ring inserts? I just took out the ring part from an old planner. Do they sell these seperatly?

Sialia - I know what you mean! I coudln't resist a planner to match my signature stripe tote but it's sooo much more practical to have the rings in it instead of the spirals, so I hope this works!! If anyone has any more words of wisdom, I'm here to listen & learn!

Hmmmm, well I'm not sure if this was what batgirl was picturing, but I was imagining something like the 6-ring part attached to a piece of lightweight but sturdy cardboard that could be slipped into the two sides of the agenda where the two spiral-bound inserts would normally go....like this....(I put an arrow to show where I mean):

agenda.jpg

I also just checked the Coach website and they do sell 6-ring refills in the 6.75 x 3.75 size (which is the size of Daytimer I have), as well as in the 3x5 size, so apparently they've sold 6-ring agendas at some time.

Coach - MEDIUM RING DAY ON A PAGE 2007

Now that I think about it, maybe you could take out the 6-ring part from a cheap planner, then attach it to a piece of cardboard, and insert that into the Coach agenda, rather than attaching it directly to the Coach one, if that makes sense. Hmmmmm....I'm going to have to look into that because I REALLY want that crimson agenda.

OH NO! I just looked for it again on the website and it's not there anymore. Crap crap crap! I like the crimson stripe signature one but it's just not the same as that beautiful crimson leather one :crybaby: .

Sialia, that's a great idea! Attaching it to a piece of cardboard would be so much better that way there is no chance of ruining the actual planner! I'm going to see if I can find some that won't clash too much with the inside color!

if the agenda u wanted was just on the website and got taken off I would call the coach 800 # asap bc that likely means they are sending them out of the regual stores soon so have them locate one for u 1st! I think this idea could really work!

Yeah, I think I'll also call my two local stores just in case they still have them. I want to look at them again to make sure that the ring-attached-to-cardboard idea would work. Maybe I'll see if they have any of the black ones in stock that I could look at.