Call me clueless, but can someone enlighten me about this ecrater business?

It's simple! And no, no catch. I've boughten two Rms off of it now. LOTS of TPFers use it to sell their RMs.

Go to http://www.ecrater.com and simply search for rebecca minkoff.

Tons will come up! And you just click buy on the one you want, and pay through pay pal.

It's very easy and I love it! And NO FEES for sellers! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

No catch, everything went fine with the bags I've got. It's great.

as with anything, you just need to exercise judgment when evaluating whether or not you want to buy from a particular seller. most of the ones on ecrater (for Rebecca Minkoff, not other brands) are TPF members and can most likely be trusted. but i would just do some research and make sure you are protected.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy another designer's handbags, only RM on ecrater. RM, since they aren't faked, are fine. But obviously, do use good judgement and if a seller doesn't have enough pictures for you simply ask them to post more. (You can post up to 10 pics, for free.) You can pay with paypal or credit card, I'm not sure what other methods. But yes try it out, it's preferable to e bay in my opinion. I hate e bay and hate giving them my business.

As a seller, it's FABULOUS! The only thing I noticed is that when you list something and it sells, you have to go back and "hide" the item or mark it as sold, otherwise, it still looks likes its available... other than that, I give it two thumbs WAY up!! :tup::tup:

Thanks ladies! I guess what I'm worried about is how we can have assurances that we wont run into bad sellers (and buyers) - I'm sure scammers will be a scamming - is there a feedback system? - how do we know we are safe? without any safeguards its sounding a little craigslisty...

Well most are TPF members, I usually message the seller and ask for their ID name so I can verify who they are. However a lot of ladies have had really good experiences with some sellers who sell regularly (like hometownstory). There is a feedback system also although people haven't been using it very often so many people probably don't have a feedback record yet. Especially since I bet most of the time people forget to rate their experience with the seller after receiving their bag.

As a seller, it's FABULOUS! The only thing I noticed is that when you list something and it sells, you have to go back and "hide" the item or mark it as sold, otherwise, it still looks likes its available... other than that, I give it two thumbs WAY up!! :tup::tup:

Hey Hannah -- you can get rid of your stuff after it's sold -- just log in, and then go to your "products" list. Hit the red "x" to the right of the product that's been sold, and it will be removed from the list of stuff for sale (it took me a bit to figure this out, but it works!)