California dreamin

Born and raised in NY, I've been living in Southern California since 1998, my family and friends are in NY but my heart is here in California. The weather cannot be beat; I detest cold weather. Growing up I always always depressed during the cold seasons and lived for summers. If NY had the weather of Cali, I'd move back in a minute because as much as I love the weather, the people in California are VERY DIFFERENT. I will always appreciate that I was raised on the East Coast.

you and me both! :tup:

I was raised in California, and I also hate "Cali"! I've never heard anyone from CA actually refer to it as Cali....

A lot of my friends and family are there, but I think I'm a New Yorker at heart. HATE LA!!!

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this.....

I live in The San Fernando Valley and for the past few days I've noticed military helicopters flying all over the valley area. I seen 2 of them flying very low in formation over my house on Saturday and Tuesday and I've read on other forums repots of people seeing them all over the Valley area, Malibu, Hollywood hills. Anyone else see these around here? Is there a military base close by?

This is what they look like....
751px-CH-47_2.jpg

Another person who hates the term "Cali" here! Sounds to me like that old LLCoolJ song.

What I love about California is its diversity and variety...we are fortunate to have world class cities, quaint small towns, summer and "colder" beaches, deserts, world class skiing and outdoors activities in the mountains, vast green farmland, wine country, redwood country, and one of the most beautiful national parks in the country.

Exactly, California really has a little of everything.

And there's a reason the real estate is so expensive there: THE CLIMATE ROCKS. You don't know how good you had it in CA until you leave.

Yay for native Californians!! :jammin:

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this.....

I live in The San Fernando Valley and for the past few days I've noticed military helicopters flying all over the valley area. I seen 2 of them flying very low in formation over my house on Saturday and Tuesday and I've read on other forums repots of people seeing them all over the Valley area, Malibu, Hollywood hills. Anyone else see these around here? Is there a military base close by?

This is what they look like....
751px-CH-47_2.jpg

There's a military base in Santa Barbara County, they could be on their way there.

I live in the Valley and I've been noticing a lot of those! Even more than I did before. I wonder why?

Oh, good, I'm not the only one on TPF. I just moved here, so I wasn't sure if it's a normal occurrence as I've seen or heard them again and again since Saturday. I was outside in the front yard talking to my neighbor yesterday and she even brought them up. She's been living in the same house since the 70's and said she's never seen them before around here....:shrugs: I've even seen these being mentioned on another forum.

^^ Neptune, did you by any chance post this on city-data? I was reading that thread and I got to your post (I think) and I was all "OMG that's the same person that posted on tPF!"

I just came back from San Francisco last Monday... A few of my college friends moved to the bay area and they love it. I, too, am considering making the move there in the near future. I love it there!!

well the weather here in CA hasnt been so fabulous lately. I mean talk about a HEAT WAVE. I am so sick of the sun, I cant wait until it starts to rain, even if it is just going to last a few days. We have no seasons!!