Calfskin boy bag durable?

Chanelvr

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
I'm debating between a calfskin and caviar boy...does any one have either of these and can tell me about the durability?
I had the lamb but sold it because I was scared for my life to use it, the few times I did it scuffed from the air touching it! lol!
TIA!!

I have both...two calf boys and one caviar boy. I've had them for over a year and wear them regularly and neither the calf or caviar have shown any wear. If wear is a concern, I highly recommend the boy in calf or lamb (or goat if you can find it). I have several other Chanel pieces in lamb and adore them, but due to the wear patterns of boy bags I am hesitant to get a boy in lamb. Calf is much more hardy and durable than lamb and caviar is obviously the most durable choice, but if you prefer the softer, more luxurious look, calf is a great alternative to lamb. I also have a goat boy and it is super durable too, but boys are rarely released in goat. GLD!

Thank you so much for your insight!! I'm thinking since its such a big investment to go with the caviar...so it looks new for as long as possible and I don't have to worry about it all...

Reactions: Kendie26
I have a boy bag in Calf leather. I also have a m/l classic flap in caviar. The caviar for sure is more durable but as mentioned above, I think the calf leather is a great alternative to lamb if you want a happy medium between a soft luxurious feel but don't want to feel paranoid about any little scratch or ding happening to your bag. I've been really pleased with how the calf leather on my boy looks, feels and has held up. I've had the bag for a couple of years and carry it a few times a month in the summer.

I'm debating between a calfskin and caviar boy...does any one have either of these and can tell me about the durability?
I had the lamb but sold it because I was scared for my life to use it, the few times I did it scuffed from the air touching it! lol!
TIA!!
I have both...and a lamb boy. The calfskin is fantastic because it is both durable and soft:smile:

I totally agree, Calfskin is so durable. Even little scratches will blend in pretty well if you get in an "accident". I was worried that calfskin would not be as "pretty", but it really is.

I had the lamb but sold it because I was scared for my life to use it, the few times I did it scuffed from the air touching it! lol!t
TIA!!
I agree w/ all the fine Lovelies & their posts above.....i have several chanel calfskin bags & they are very durable & feel / look GREAT (imho) Lambskin is my #1 favorite but very closely followed by calf...it's really a fantastic option. Best of luck deciding!