Mansur Gavriel Calf Mini Bucket Quality/Wear Issues...help!

youbebetty

Oct 17, 2009
Hey guys!! I have a royal blue calf mini bucket that has been used at least multiple days a week regularly for the last year and a half. I am not the most gentle with my bags. I'm noticing a lot of wear on the bag lately and wondering if you guys have experienced similarities and have any tips...?

- The edge binding/glaze has cracked and softened pretty significantly throughout the bag. Today, one of the ties actually split open at the edge.
- There is pretty noticeable wear on the bottom corners, that almost looks like the royal color has peeled off to reveal a greyish suede underneath. It's a big contrast.
- The leather on the bag has softened quite a bit and is a lot floppier and less structured. It feels almost similar to one of my lamb Celine or Chanel bags. It is soft, but I LIKE the structure and don't want it to deflate!!!

I am wondering if any of your calf MG bags have experienced this fast of wear and tear?
I did buy the bag on the Real Real, and it had some light corner wear but was in near-perfect condition otherwise. I am starting to freak out and wonder if it could be fake or faulty, because I am just surprised that it would wear through this quickly. Are these bags designed to crap out after 2 years?

I was just searching for some info on calf mini bags on here. I've had my sand calf mini bag for a year and the corners have worn down to the point where the color has peeled off exposing a dark brown suede color. I condition my bags regularly, so I'm surprised this happened. I'm not sure what to do, and I wanted to see if anyone has had experience getting their calf bags with color peeling fixed.