Calf leather - Pebbled/Matt vs Lux/Glazed???

sassification

addicted to chanel <3
O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
land of chanel
Hi MM experts here,

Would like to check with you ladies, what's your opinion between the 2, which is more lasting? Any pros and cons, which do you prefer? Between the matt/pebbled leather finishing, or the lux/glazed finishing?

I'm contemplating to buy a MM Mughetto, but wondering about the leather..

Thanks!

Juliettine

Feb 15, 2009
so happy you've opened this thread 'cause I've many doubts about this question.
can anyone explain clearly to me the difference between the two kinds of leather? the same bag is more expensive if in lambskin? all styles are out both in lambskin and in glazed leather?

thanks in advance ;)

kiki119

needs to save
Jan 23, 2009
Columbus, OH/Toronto CA
here are some picutres...

thre is no price difference between glance & lambskin in the Coffers, so I doublt that there will be any difference in other styles. the only time that there is a major price different between leather is Eco-leather (Plasticized Fabric), Shiny (patent looking, but plasticized Fabric) & Suede.

this is Glazed Calf:

Matte Lambskin

Distressed Glazed lambskin

Pebble (Calf I believe)

and of course, there are also some other leather that's used within the collection..

Attachments

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
I agree with Kiki that you should base your choice on the look that you prefer.

I personally love the feel of lambskin and find it very sturdy. However, some people prefer the distressed or glazed calf leather versions, finding them even sturdier and more practical for everyday use.

I carry my lambskin coffer when I want a more sophisticated and classic look.
I turn to my distressed/glazed leather Miu Miu to dress down an outfit but again, it all depends on your taste!

Inem

O.G.
Jan 30, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I really love my matte lambskin Coffer. I find it to be surprisingly sturdy for such a pretty little bag. I waterproof it regularly though and so far even when it was soaked in the rain, no marks at all.

Jess2010

Dec 31, 2009
Dear all,
This is my first time to reply, but I've read many of your posts.
I have both Glazed Calf & Matte Lambskin Coffer Bag.
I love the Matte Lambskin because it is very soft,
but it will change it's sharp after being used for sometimes.

I also love the Glazed Calf because I love the smell... i can't descript...
may be that's a kind of addict.
And after using for sometimes, it's sharp is still the same.
But you have use it very careful because your fingernail
will make the scratch on the bag.

It nice to read all your posts and you are so helpful.
I've learned many Miu Miu knowledge from here.

Juliettine

Feb 15, 2009
thanks kiki! very useful post :tup:

I definitely prefer lambskin, but I've two bags in glazed leather (my bow and my new matelasse) and only one in matte lambskin.
I thought there was a price difference between the two kinds!

sassification

addicted to chanel <3
O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
land of chanel
Thanks ladies! I own a matt lambskin myself - loving it, its more lasting i feel compared to pebbled calf which i also own - this is prone to nicks.. I got a reply from Renato, this may help you ladies as well.. :

"Actually, you'd be surprised. The lux finish (with the glaze) scratches more because the surface is more stiff with more resistance
to any thing it bumps into. All our lux finished bags tends to get more scratch surfaces due to the nature of the coating. Although
the matte and lux finish tend to both get marks regardless, I believe after time the marks on matte leather give it a much better look in
that vintage appeal.

-Renato "

I second that because at the display pieces in store, i noticed that glazed skin bow bags have such AWFUL fingernail scratch marks on them. I tend to judge how a bag will go through time, from display pieces.. hence putting me off the glazed finishing calf skin bags!

Personally, i prefer the matt look - so i'll always be drawn to pebbled calf, and matt lambskin!