Caissa clutch

Congrats to your mom on her new bag! I absolutely fell in love with the Caissa Clutch when I first saw it! I bought this in Rose Ballerine at SCP and they only had 4 in that store. It was the first day they got it in stores and I was lucky enough to buy the last one. The SA wasn't sure when more would come in. I purchased this for my mom about a week ago for Mother's day and I can't wait to give it to her today! The SA mentioned at that time there were only 50 of these bags in the US. These weren't even on the website when I checked at the time. I believe it is the perfect size and can be dressed up for an evening out or casually. I adore it so much, I want one for myself! =)

Last edited:
i agree on the chain strap. that is what stops me from wanting this clutch. from what i have seen the chain is not detachable. i watched a youtube comparison between this clutch and the croisette by lv4me. she states that this is much heavier than the croisette as well and that if choosing one she would pick the croisette. i actually have the croisette and really like it. wish this clutch had the detachable leather strap. otherwise i think it is beautiful. the only other thing i worry about is the beautiful pink glazing peeling. such a pretty bag tho.
I'm seriously considering removing the chain and putting a DE strap on...I don't have the bag yet should be delivered this week but I have long hair and I'm imagining my hair getting tangled in the chains

Hi Tonimack!!

i saw the clutch at the boutique last week. It is so pretty, but for about same price you can get the Caissa hobo. But it's so darn cute!!!

Hope you are well!!

Hey tlo...I'm great! Hope you are too. Are you still enjoying your Caissa hobo? You're right...the hobo is more bang for your buck. I'm just so drawn to the clutch though. May be the next addition to my collection...we'll see!

I'm seriously considering removing the chain and putting a DE strap on...I don't have the bag yet should be delivered this week but I have long hair and I'm imagining my hair getting tangled in the chains
oh no, i didn't even think of that! i have long hair too : / that could really be an issue. i have never had a bag with a chain strap ( no chanel's here) so had not even thought about the chain catching my hair.

I think chain is the beauty of this bag I'm buying it becoz I love the chain

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PurseForum mobile app
has anyone who owns an lv bag with a chain strap experienced problems with the gold chain discoloring?? i know this can happen to other hardware but is it a concern with chain shoulder straps on lvs? also, would love to hear from experienced owners re: comfort/discomfort of carrying with a chain strap and also the potential hair issue mentioned above??? anyone??

i agree on the chain strap. that is what stops me from wanting this clutch. from what i have seen the chain is not detachable. i watched a youtube comparison between this clutch and the croisette by lv4me. she states that this is much heavier than the croisette as well and that if choosing one she would pick the croisette. i actually have the croisette and really like it. wish this clutch had the detachable leather strap. otherwise i think it is beautiful. the only other thing i worry about is the beautiful pink glazing peeling. such a pretty bag tho.

My mom went in looking at the both Caissa and Croisette. She actually preferred the Caissa. I think the Croisette would look better as a crossbody cause it's a bit smaller. My mom is pretty short so the Caissa she wouldn't be able to wear as a crossbody, she has to double up the strap to wear on her shoulders. I don't think this would would look as luxurious with a leather strap, I think the gold chains suit the bag! It would be nice if there was a option to detach it though!

Congrats to your mom on her new bag! I absolutely fell in love with the Caissa Clutch when I first saw it! I bought this in Rose Ballerine at SCP and they only had 4 in that store. It was the first day they got it in stores and I was lucky enough to buy the last one. The SA wasn't sure when more would come in. I purchased this for my mom about a week ago for Mother's day and I can't wait to give it to her today! The SA mentioned at that time there were only 50 of these bags in the US. These weren't even on the website when I checked at the time. I believe it is the perfect size and can be dressed up for an evening out or casually. I adore it so much, I want one for myself! =)

Congrats to your mommy on her new bag!! What did she think of it?? My mom said I could borrow her bag anytime :graucho: hahah. Maybe you can borrow hers :graucho:

My friend & I, both "oldies"in our early 60s bought the Caissa Clutch in red this past weekend. This is her very first LV purse, I've been using LV since my 20s! I filled it up & used it while shopping & it was very comfortable & not heavy. The price in Hawaii was only $1,780 & our tax is low at 4% so it was a pretty good deal!!

Hey tlo...I'm great! Hope you are too. Are you still enjoying your Caissa hobo? You're right...the hobo is more bang for your buck. I'm just so drawn to the clutch though. May be the next addition to my collection...we'll see!

Hi Tonimack!! I'm sorry to respond late, I just saw this.

I'm afraid I had to return my Caissa hobo during the dreaded screw issue. But that bag has haunted me. I'm just concerned about the wear of the edging on the bottom corners.

I LOVE the clutch It is gorgeous!!!! I may cave on this one, or I may break down and try the hobo again. I think the Caissa line is the prettiest line they make.