Shoes Caged RS flat vs regular RS flat

loveforbeauty

Apr 14, 2015
Hi all! I have a question about the RS flats.... I just got a pair of regular denim ones (not caged) in size 40 and there's a bit of a gap in the back, 39.5 was too snug, but my question is: are they comfortable considering how low they are cut around the foot or would the caged ones be more comfortable around the foot? I'm guessing with the caged ones you they wouldn't slip off the foot that easy? I love them but I'm a little concerned about this and have not worn them yet for this reason in case I end up returning them for the caged ones. Any insight you can provide would be great! Thanks so much!

Hi all! I have a question about the RS flats.... I just got a pair of regular denim ones (not caged) in size 40 and there's a bit of a gap in the back, 39.5 was too snug, but my question is: are they comfortable considering how low they are cut around the foot or would the caged ones be more comfortable around the foot? I'm guessing with the caged ones you they wouldn't slip off the foot that easy? I love them but I'm a little concerned about this and have not worn them yet for this reason in case I end up returning them for the caged ones. Any insight you can provide would be great! Thanks so much!
I am personally a fan of the caged flats, but some people do find them uncomfortable. I owned one pair of the regular flats, and eventually sold them, as they got too big and were falling off my feet. I have found that the matte leather caged flats are somewhat more comfortable than my patent ones, as the patent is very stiff. Hope this helps.

I am personally a fan of the caged flats, but some people do find them uncomfortable. I owned one pair of the regular flats, and eventually sold them, as they got too big and were falling off my feet. I have found that the matte leather caged flats are somewhat more comfortable than my patent ones, as the patent is very stiff. Hope this helps.
Rdgldy, so sorry for the delayed response. Thank you so much for the info. Thats what I'm afraid of with my flats, that eventually they'll stretch out and really slip off my feet. I'm going to try an insert in them and see how that feels. If it doesn't work out then I'll definitely try the caged ones. Thanks again! :smile:

I have 2 prs of regular RS flats and one of the hurts like the dickens. I've not tried the caged ones, but I'm seriously contemplating getting a pair should I find them on sale.

Rdgldy, so sorry for the delayed response. Thank you so much for the info. Thats what I'm afraid of with my flats, that eventually they'll stretch out and really slip off my feet. I'm going to try an insert in them and see how that feels. If it doesn't work out then I'll definitely try the caged ones. Thanks again! :smile:

Not sure about others' experience, but the regular rockstud flats I own (matte leather, cageless) are somewhat big for my size even on first wear (although the pumps are a perfect fit). I'm a true Italian sz 35 (US5 is almost always too big for me).