Café vs Chocolat

francelamour

Jan 1, 2012
What is the difference between café and chocolat?Is there a difference?
Would you buy a Kelly in one colour when you have (and love!!!) a Birkin in the other one?Are they to similar?

I searched in the colour reference thread, but have not found any comparison picture.

Cafe is lighter than chocolate. It's more like cafe au lait, IMO, while chocolate is a dark, warm brown. If brown bags work well with your wardrobe I can imagine that having one shade in a Birkin and one in a Kelly might serve you well!

Duh.............I thought you were talking about beverages, thinking hmmm,mmm icould use a nice cafe au lait right about now , but then a hot chocolate with real whipped cream always interests me...........silly moi

Cafe is lighter than chocolate. It's more like cafe au lait, IMO, while chocolate is a dark, warm brown. If brown bags work well with your wardrobe I can imagine that having one shade in a Birkin and one in a Kelly might serve you well!

I may be wrong, but for me, "café" is the color of coffee ice cream, and is indeed lighter than "chocolat", which of course is not milk-chocolate ;)

Bjostone, if you want to talk about beverage, I'd recommand coffee, with (tons of) home-made whipped-cream and some powdered chocolate on top.

I have a cafe cleamance bag and a chocolat box bag, I don't know if the comparison would be right for you. What leathers are you looking at?

My Birkin is clemence and for the Kelly I would choose a smooth, relaxed leather as well...maybe swift or as well clemence.
I a wondering if chocolat is really darker than café, because my Birkin already looks very dark...does anyone have a comparison picture?

I was under the impression that cafe was available for clemence and chocolate for box. They're really both dark brown but in different skins, hence with a slight variance in shade.

I have a chocolate box 30B and a friend has a cafe clemence Lindy. If you compare them side by side, chocolate would be slightly darker.

I have a Chocolat box kelly (pictured) but not anything in Cafe. The brown shade in Chocolat box is quite dark, the picture was taken near the window with the afternoon sun coming in from the right in the picture.

Attachments

• CBK.jpg
    CBK.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 248
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399453646.851232.jpg

Don't have it in Clemence but this is Chocolate in togo taken in the car so there's a bit of sun. :smile: it's dark but a yummy velvety brown in person in my opinion. Hope it helps!