cadena question

OK, the push lock (the spring-loaded one) they no longer make, so you can assume that any like this are from the first year of release. Cadenas released for the year aren't limited editions, and occasionally Hermes do a new run, elephants with the screw-type closure are the newer ones....who knows when they were made, though? It's anyone's guess. If you want an "original" rom the year of release, go for the spring closure...but since they're not limited to the year they were produced, I can't see that it makes a difference.

The sterling silver cadenas, are however, extremely limited editions. These are usually produced in a similar theme to the year of release, but have been used in the past as gifts for Hermes Important Clients. There are only four that I am aware of that have been produced in sterling silver (cadenas, that is) that are rare Limited Editions.

Hope that helps?

I just recently purchased a "Spring Lock" Pegasus from Hermes.com. I always thought the "spring lock" meant an older cadena, but the Pegasus spring lock is on display at Hermes.com.