Travel Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

I'm planning to go Cabo too so bumping this because is it true that there are LIZARDS on the walls at cabo EVERYWHERE or what??? OMG! I Hate them! just typing it makes me want to throw up!!

can anyone help? I was thking of staying at
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa ...

ewww if there are going to be lizards, I will NOT go :sad:

Should I call the hotel up and ask them?

You've got to check out this hotel/resort: "Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, Rosewood Resort". Literal translation : The Windows to Paradise....and it certainly is. My friends swear by it although I've never been. I've only seen photos and that is one hotel name I will never forget. It is also rated #1 by traveladvisor.com members.

"#1 of 31 hotels in San Jose Del Cabo:tup:
Description: Mediterranean-Mexican style resort situated on the Sea of Cortez; 15 min from both Cabo San Lucas & San Jose del Cabo."

www.lasventanas.com

I'm planning to go Cabo too so bumping this because is it true that there are LIZARDS on the walls at cabo EVERYWHERE or what??? OMG! I Hate them! just typing it makes me want to throw up!!

This is a well reviewed hotel. I haven't stayed there though. I've also never seen lizards in cabo.

ewww if there are going to be lizards, I will NOT go :sad:

Should I call the hotel up and ask them?

I actually stayed right next door at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach TWICE and have never seen a lizard.

The thing I like about the Pacifica is that there are no kids allowed! :yahoo: hehe I think it will be a perfect vacation!

schmodi & coachariffic! thanks so much for replying!

I cant wait to go - er I actually called up the hotel and asked about lizards! the girl was very nice but she laughed - she reassured me there will not be any inside the room and to keep the doors closed at night! bet I was her most amusing call that day! LOL

Going next year...anyone been recently with any advice?

TIA!

We went in May and stayed at the Riu Palace and we loved it :yes:
I posted a few pics somewhere on here when I got back .... the food was good, the weather was PERFECT, the only thing is the ocean is really ROUGH there and the sand is really grainy so it is not reccommended for that but you can take a water taxi to a nicer beach or just stay by the pool which is awesome :tup:

DH and I are thinking about going to Cabos in Octorber for our 2 year anniversary. Is that a good time to go to Cabos? We're planning on staying for 5 days. Any suggestions on where we should stay? I love shopping while on vacation...especially for bags...so..are there any high end designer boutiques around there :graucho:? Any tips/advices are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DH and I are thinking about going to Cabos in Octorber for our 2 year anniversary. Is that a good time to go to Cabos? We're planning on staying for 5 days. Any suggestions on where we should stay? I love shopping while on vacation...especially for bags...so..are there any high end designer boutiques around there :graucho:? Any tips/advices are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I go to Cabo frequently...I LOVE it there. 'Can't recall the weather that time of year..
an internet search will help..
If you're going to shop, you'll be disappointed. There is a decent mall in San Lucus, but it's nothing exceptional.
Aside from San Lucas and San Jose, where there is mostly Artisan shops, there really isn't much else.

Regarding hotels, I love Casa Del Mar and Cabo Azul..
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Jose_del_Cabo_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Jose_del_Cabo_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

I feel these two hotels are more 'adult' and peaceful..
Azul is gorgeous.
there are some more pricey, high end
hotels..
I've heard ME is nice, it's new and hip, but I haven't stayed there yet.

And while I've never stayed at Villa La Estancia in Cabo, if it's anything like the one near Puerto Vallarta,
you won't be disappointed (I hope to stay there on my next trip).
The one in near Puerto Vallarta is one the best hotels I've ever stayed in..gorgeous relaxing, quiet..
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Check Trip Advisor's reviews.

I personally don't like the hotels near San Lucas, it's kind of touristy, and the city is kind of dirty,
I like the hotels near San Jose/Los Cabos.
Cabo Azul is near a Mega(it is huge) grocery store and near the quaint city of San Jose.
There's also a decent little store inside the hotel.
San Jose has a lot of authentic Mexican restaurants.

There are A LOT of English speaking people down there, so it's easy to get around and ask for directions.
Most businesses take American dollars, but the change is in Pesos.
If you don't want to deal with that exchange mess, use your CC (not debit card).
Or buy an all inclusive package..

For a day trip, I'd recommend Todos Santos..
http://www.todossantos.cc/
it's an artisan town about 45 minutes away..the route is freeway and the scenery is gorgeous.
The town is old and dusty..
they do sell some nice leather goods, but not high end.
Have lunch at the famous Hotel California..it's cool and funky.

Everything down there is really slow and at a snails pace..keep reminding yourself of that
and you'll be less frustrated at the service.

Also..everyone will try and sell you something..mostly time share.
Starting from the time you get your baggage at the airport..
you have to walk through a bunch of solicitors to get outside,
and they all pretend like they want to 'help' you.
Just ignore everyone.

At Cabo Azul, after we checked in, we were sent to another desk for keys and the sales
pitch started..
I was livid..
Be prepared and know everyone is getting kickbacks and scratching each others backs..

For deals on hotels down there check out
CheapCarribean.com
or
TravelZoo.com.

Cabo Azul is always have deals on various sites..

Have fun!

Thank you so much for your tips. They're very helpful. Cabo Azul looks very beautiful....hopefully we'll get to stay there.

From your experience, is it better to book flight+hotel as a package? Or should I book them separately? Thanks again!

I go to Cabo frequently...I LOVE it there. 'Can't recall the weather that time of year..
an internet search will help..
If you're going to shop, you'll be disappointed. There is a decent mall in San Lucus, but it's nothing exceptional.
Aside from San Lucas and San Jose, where there is mostly Artisan shops, there really isn't much else.

Regarding hotels, I love Casa Del Mar and Cabo Azul..

I feel these two hotels are more 'adult' and peaceful..
Azul is gorgeous.
there are some more pricey, high end
hotels..
I've heard ME is nice, it's new and hip, but I haven't stayed there yet.

And while I've never stayed at Villa La Estancia in Cabo, if it's anything like the one near Puerto Vallarta,
you won't be disappointed (I hope to stay there on my next trip).
The one in near Puerto Vallarta is one the best hotels I've ever stayed in..gorgeous relaxing, quiet..
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Check Trip Advisor's reviews.

I personally don't like the hotels near San Lucas, it's kind of touristy, and the city is kind of dirty,
I like the hotels near San Jose/Los Cabos.
Cabo Azul is near a Mega(it is huge) grocery store and near the quaint city of San Jose.
There's also a decent little store inside the hotel.
San Jose has a lot of authentic Mexican restaurants.

There are A LOT of English speaking people down there, so it's easy to get around and ask for directions.
Most businesses take American dollars, but the change is in Pesos.
If you don't want to deal with that exchange mess, use your CC (not debit card).
Or buy an all inclusive package..

For a day trip, I'd recommend Todos Santos..
http://www.todossantos.cc/
it's an artisan town about 45 minutes away..the route is freeway and the scenery is gorgeous.
The town is old and dusty..
they do sell some nice leather goods, but not high end.
Have lunch at the famous Hotel California..it's cool and funky.

Everything down there is really slow and at a snails pace..keep reminding yourself of that
and you'll be less frustrated at the service.

Also..everyone will try and sell you something..mostly time share.
Starting from the time you get your baggage at the airport..
you have to walk through a bunch of solicitors to get outside,
and they all pretend like they want to 'help' you.
Just ignore everyone.

At Cabo Azul, after we checked in, we were sent to another desk for keys and the sales
pitch started..
I was livid..
Be prepared and know everyone is getting kickbacks and scratching each others backs..

For deals on hotels down there check out
CheapCarribean.com
or
TravelZoo.com.

Cabo Azul is always have deals on various sites..

Have fun!

Thank you so much for your tips. They're very helpful. Cabo Azul looks very beautiful....hopefully we'll get to stay there.

From your experience, is it better to book flight+hotel as a package? Or should I book them separately? Thanks again!

You're welcome!

My SO books the trips..he always books hotel and air separately..

Here's a decent deal on Cabo Azul..
http://www.caboazulresort.com/shermanstravelca/
:biggrin: