Cabat Price Reduction

Mar 28, 2009
some Cabat and Fine jewelry are being reduced about 30% :yahoo:
My lovely wonderful SA in the Atlanta Store
Joyce

called me and told me yesterday
It is nothing from the current season
Call her if you are interested in and see what is going on sale
I do believe this is the first time they have reduced prices on Cabat and fine Jewelry

some Cabat and Fine jewelry are being reduced about 30% :yahoo:
My lovely wonderful SA in the Atlanta Store
Joyce

called me and told me yesterday
It is nothing from the current season
Call her if you are interested in and see what is going on sale
I do believe this is the first time they have reduced prices on Cabat and fine Jewelry
i really think this is a mistake for bv. they really don't protect the integrity of the brand. great to get a cabat for 30% off but not fun if you pay full price.

I received a call too, from the Chicago store about the fine jewelry. I'm seriously considering a gold necklace. Even at 30% off, it's a lot, but it's gorgeous and would be an heirloom for my granddaughter.

i really think this is a mistake for bv. they really don't protect the integrity of the brand. great to get a cabat for 30% off but not fun if you pay full price.

Annie, I'm curious, how is this different for you from the season end sales for other bags and items? I agree that it's a bummer to pay full price when, if I had waited, I could have got it on sale. But isn't that the gamble we all take?

I admit to also feeling a bit guilty about having bought a gently used Cabat on the resale market. That's also, in a way, muddying the brand. I would have liked to buy new but I admit to not wanting to plunk that kind of money down for a ag I had little experience with.

And I'm assuming these are the special series Cabat. I saw several when I was at the Carmel boutique. The SAs can't show them on the shelves because they are not part of current collections so they just sit there in a dark shelf. Even at 30 percent off they are sill going to be very expensive bags.

Every company needs to dump inventory once in awhile
I think this is great especially if you have always wanted a cabat
but didn't want to pay the price
It is not current season merch
past seasons that have been hanging around.
I myself would want more than 30% off if it was a cabat from 3 seasons ago

it's not such a big deal just that the cabat was always special both in terms of design, history and craftsmanship and also in the fact that it is only sold in the boutique and never went on sale. i think the fact that seasonal bags go on sale does hurt sales. i personally would have to really love a seasonal bag to pay full price but that's just me. i bought a seasonal bag at full price only to see it literally days later discounted on bluefly. maybe just the chance one takes but i would have to really love a bag to buy at full price. i did not like that feeling at all. way too expensive for that.

as far as the secondary market- everyone is entitled to do what they want with their own bag. you shouldn't feel guilty about your cabat- enjoy.

i don't buy bags as an investment or to resell but from time to time i do want to take my collection in another direction and like for my bags to retain as much value as possible. i feel that if this becomes policy the retained value will be much less. bv does not have very good resale as it is. i don't see this helping.

Joyce and I worked together in the AC store
We were a great team! We really cared about each other and helped each other
Joyce is very knowledgeable about Bv since she has worked for BV for about 6 years now
I keep in touch with the whole AC team. They are my girls!!!!! :P
That's great you all keep in touch :smile:
Can't wait to check out the fine jewelery pieces

Joyce and I worked together in the AC store
We were a great team! We really cared about each other and helped each other
Joyce is very knowledgeable about Bv since she has worked for BV for about 6 years now
I keep in touch with the whole AC team. They are my girls!!!!! :P

Septembersiren, thanks so much for your post. I did call Joyce this morning about the discount. You are right..she was wonderful and so helpful.