Cabat - Keep or return?

A word (or a few) on the softness:
I bought my Nero Cabat new from the boutique and is has taken YEARS to soften up. (I don't use it daily. It gets more use in the winter.) But it is indeed softening. If you want to retain the structure, look for a Cabat made from Calf Skin. They are a little stiffer and a bit more hardy. They do weigh a bit more though.

Thank you for this info! Also curious to know whether the calfskin stays on the shoulder ok given the bulkiness of the bag. I’m thinking I should get a nero in the calfskin but large size!

Thank you for this info! Also curious to know whether the calfskin stays on the shoulder ok given the bulkiness of the bag. I’m thinking I should get a nero in the calfskin but large size!
You’re gonna really have to hunt for that. There are very few Calf Cabats out there. I guess you could special order one.
How was the weight of this Cabat once you put your stuff in it? Keep in mind that a Large Vachette Cabat weighs 4lbs empty.

Reactions: SDC2003
Also curious to know whether the calfskin stays on the shoulder ok given the bulkiness of the bag. I’m thinking I should get a nero in the calfskin but large size!

I have experience with calfskin Cabats in medium and mini sizes (not large). They stay on the shoulder for me, particularly when I have workday-type items inside. I have found that the handles do soften somewhat if used often enough. Others’ experiences may vary.

Reactions: SDC2003
You’re gonna really have to hunt for that. There are very few Calf Cabats out there. I guess you could special order one.
How was the weight of this Cabat once you put your stuff in it? Keep in mind that a Large Vachette Cabat weighs 4lbs empty.

As a preloved one I agree it will be hard to find likely especially given that it’s been hard to find a medium or espresso one in black. An sa at a bv store is currently looking into the availability in the men’s line! The weight isn’t bad with the medium - about the same as my epsom garden party 36. The medium is nice but the height is pretty short for when I want to carry my laptop. I need taller sides. Heavy is ok as I don’t walk long distances with my work bags. There’s a garage at work and I cab for meetings in the city.