Cabas Rivington, Neverfull or Hampstead?

Jan 21, 2013
My hubby gave me a Palermo GM for Christmas (I also have a mono speedy 30) and I've had my eye on the Neverfull GM but was having a hard time deciding between mono and DE but think I finally decided on DE as I want a worry free bag. Now that I've decided on DE I'm also curious about the Hampstead and the Cabas Rivington. I can only assume the Cabas Rivington GM is not as large as the Neverfull GM and I know the Hampstead MM is much smaller. I am a mom of two (1 and 3 year old) and I'm drawn towards bigger bags as I'm fairly tall. Thoughts?

I'm 5'8 and I have the Hampstead MM in DE, I used to have it in Azur also, but I was living in Seattle then I moved back to England so it didn't get out much!

I recently purchased the Neverfull MM in mono. It's going to be my practical summer bag for vacations and days out with the kids. I adore my Hampstead, but I can fit a lot more in my Neverfull. My kids are 4 & 6 so don't require as much "stuff", but at your life stage I'd get the Neverfull GM. It's a pity they discontinued the Hampstead GM. That would have been perfect!

I'm 5'8 and I have the Hampstead MM in DE, I used to have it in Azur also, but I was living in Seattle then I moved back to England so it didn't get out much!

I recently purchased the Neverfull MM in mono. It's going to be my practical summer bag for vacations and days out with the kids. I adore my Hampstead, but I can fit a lot more in my Neverfull. My kids are 4 & 6 so don't require as much "stuff", but at your life stage I'd get the Neverfull GM. It's a pity they discontinued the Hampstead GM. That would have been perfect!

I know, if it were available it would be my first choice! I keep looking for one preloved but so far no luck :sad:

The cracking on the Neverfull is what has led me to look at other bags. I suppose I could always get it in mono but was really looking to add a DE bag to my collection. I guess maybe this can be my excuse for another bag ;)

Have you looked at the new marylebone. It's like a combination of all three. They (866) actually calls it the Hempstead replacement

image-3182863169.jpg

Attachments

• image-4182857027.jpg
    image-4182857027.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 592
After looking at all three in person I'm still drawn to the DE Neverfull. I asked the SA specifically about the peeling issue and she said I of course could exchange/ return it if there were any issues.

I went to the store to get the DE NF but had heard of the cracking handle issues. I talked to my SA about this and she suggested the Cabas Rivington. I have carried the hell out of this bag and it still looks brand new. Consider it.....I absolutely love it!!!

Cabas Rivington is a beautiful bag, and size did not overwhelm my 5'4 height. But even with the zippers down and the bag folded out into a tote, the bag felt small. Kind of in-between size, actually. Not small, but not roomy enough. I decided against it since it would not fit my & my toddler's things. How about Neverfull or Totally. OR Delightful or Artsy to change the look to hobo, since you have Palermo? EIther way, fun thinking about it, no? Enjoy whichever one you choose!!!