Cabas piano or BH

charlie2009

Oct 25, 2009
I have been obsessing over getting the cabas piano. I don't even know if it's still available new. The piano was the very first LV I ever fell in love with years ago but never purchased. Back then it was $500 and now I think it's over $1000. Is it worth it? I'm thinking about the Batignolles but worried about the open top. The piano has a clean look without the piping but worried that it might look too "old school." I'd love to get everyone's thoughts. Thank you for any help I can get! ;);)I just love this forum.

I think the cabas piano is too small. I bought it for my mom and ended up selling it because of it's size. The BH is on my wishlist and think it's a great sized bag. Also, with the piano, I would be worrying about all that vachetta at the bottom :wtf:

bh is less up keep and a little lighter. piano is my fav but I bought my used so that i didnt have to worry about the bottom of the bag. the plus to the piano is the zipper. but having both bags ... its a hard choice, they're both great bags.. Good luck!

I have both bags and love them both. Piano bag isn't that big. BH is more squishy....It can be tucked in under your arm where the Piano bag is very structured on the bottom and can stick out a little....But I still love them both:smile: BH holds more...if that helps.

i bot the cabas piano ages ago and it was way too small. i own the BH and it's better in size but you do have the open top. have you considered the totally pm? it has the zip top and no vachetta worries on the bottom. the small totally is cute, the larger one resembles a diaper bag.

I think the cabas piano is too small. I bought it for my mom and ended up selling it because of it's size. The BH is on my wishlist and think it's a great sized bag. Also, with the piano, I would be worrying about all that vachetta at the bottom :wtf:

Thank you Sdo9396, I've read other comments that the cabas piano is too small and I'm worried about that and the vachetta. I'm trying to downsize all the stuff I carry around but maybe the piano would become too stuffed looking eventually. Your mom's lucky that her daughter buys her LV. Good girl! :nuts:

bh is less up keep and a little lighter. piano is my fav but I bought my used so that i didnt have to worry about the bottom of the bag. the plus to the piano is the zipper. but having both bags ... its a hard choice, they're both great bags.. Good luck!

Hi Bag Fetish! I have enjoyed reading your opinions in other chat sessions and noticed I end up agreeing with you a lot. Plus Pam Anderson is hard to miss. What is it about the piano that makes it your favorite? I'm not super worried about the vachetta bottom as far as water stains (I accepted that is part of the piano 'charm').

i bot the cabas piano ages ago and it was way too small. i own the BH and it's better in size but you do have the open top. have you considered the totally pm? it has the zip top and no vachetta worries on the bottom. the small totally is cute, the larger one resembles a diaper bag.

Thank you IWICBTAII! Yes, I have considered the Totally but a friend of mine said the bag becomes very unstructured over time, too saggy, and I like a bag with some structure. Do you have the Totally and found that bag holds its shape?

Between those 2, I'd pick the BH - the open top is actually nice for quick access and nothing ever fell out of mine. DO you like the TOTALLY? It's kinda the same look with the zipper.

I have to agree - they both have pros and cons. The bottom of the piano is a con - more upkeep, but the zipper is a pro. BH is less upkeep but there's no zipper. If you are careful then get the piano. If you want a worry free bag and don't mind the open top then get the BH.