Cabas Piano or Batignolles Horizontal?

Big Eyes

Oct 3, 2007
Do you guys own either one of these bags? I am looking for a comfortable shoulder bag. I like mono canvas and need the bag for everyday use. I don't carry that much with me on an ordinary day. The only downside I can see of the BH is that it doesn't have a zipper. On rainy days that might be a problem.

I just acquired my first open top bag... and I think they are pretty nice. However, since it's your first shoulder bag... I would go for the Cabas Piano. I have the Mezzo and I love it. Have you tried both of them on at the store? You never really know which one you are going to like better unless you try them on in the store. :smile:

I had the same problem dilemma. I went with the BH because I didn't want to deal with the anxiety of the vachetta bottom on the cabas. The only draw back is that the BH is a hook closure and not a zipper. But I love my BH and am so glad I got it.

Since you say: 1. you want it as an everyday bag and 2. you don't carry that much, I would say the Cabas Piano as long as you are ok with the vachetta bottom. I dont carry a lot either and the BH would be way too big for everyday even though it seems like a good grab-and -go bag for school, work or just those who carry a lot. When I first got the Cabas Piano I thought it was smaller than I expected but for everyday its a good size. When traveling however, it is too small.