Cabas Phantom for 16" Macbook?

Hi all! I'm considering getting the Cabas Phantom in Taupe for a work bag. I will be in office two days a week and walking to my office (about 30min walk). I will be carrying a 16" Macbook Pro, charging plug/cable, mouse, maybe a small keyboard, my card holder, makeup bag and a water bottle.

I'm curious if anyone has used it with a 16" Macbook and could share either insight or photos on if it would be too big or heavy for the delicate leather? I'd consider getting a bag insert too but I'm not sure if that would all fit. I'm just worried about the open top on rainy or snowy days. Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks!

Hello! I was in your position a month back. Have a 16" MBP as well, and wanted a tote for work that could fit.

Just wondering are you planning to get the Small or Medium ver? I actually went physically to the store to check on Small vs Medium Cabas Phantom, because I'm very petite. The bag might engulf me if it's too large despite fitting my laptop. Unfortunately, the SA mentioned they're discontinuing the Medium size soon and they had no stock left (not sure whether this is true).

Tbh with a 16" MBP, you'll need very large bags. The Small Cabas can fit a 16" inside, but it'll be very tight fit. If you put it sideways, it'll make a mark on the bag, and I avoid doing that. What I've been doing is putting it upright, which is also a bit of a hassle due to the height of the strap causing my laptop to bump my armpit. I also tend to carry the laptop separately on a sleeve, and put it in the bag if I can't hold it.

If you plan to put a small keyboard and a water bottle on top of other things, I don't think the bag will fit your MBP. Although the bag is comfortable enough to wear, the straps can be painful if you carry very heavy items (and 16" MBP is very heavy), especially when walking for around 30 mins).

Otherwise, I don't regret my purchase. It's a very beautiful bag, and Celine's leather quality is just really great. I've been loving wearing it everywhere I can (errands, especially) because I know it can take a lot.

Pictures are attached for your reference! Came in for the Black/Taupe, they had no stock for black, but I fell in love with the Grey color instead :smile: The one with my MBP inside also has 2 pouches (makeup & my chargers), a small umbrella, 2 cases for my glasses and shades, cardholder, AirPods, and my wallet.

Hope this helps!

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0141.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

Hello! I was in your position a month back. Have a 16" MBP as well, and wanted a tote for work that could fit.

Just wondering are you planning to get the Small or Medium ver? I actually went physically to the store to check on Small vs Medium Cabas Phantom, because I'm very petite. The bag might engulf me if it's too large despite fitting my laptop. Unfortunately, the SA mentioned they're discontinuing the Medium size soon and they had no stock left (not sure whether this is true).

Tbh with a 16" MBP, you'll need very large bags. The Small Cabas can fit a 16" inside, but it'll be very tight fit. If you put it sideways, it'll make a mark on the bag, and I avoid doing that. What I've been doing is putting it upright, which is also a bit of a hassle due to the height of the strap causing my laptop to bump my armpit. I also tend to carry the laptop separately on a sleeve, and put it in the bag if I can't hold it.

If you plan to put a small keyboard and a water bottle on top of other things, I don't think the bag will fit your MBP. Although the bag is comfortable enough to wear, the straps can be painful if you carry very heavy items (and 16" MBP is very heavy), especially when walking for around 30 mins).

Otherwise, I don't regret my purchase. It's a very beautiful bag, and Celine's leather quality is just really great. I've been loving wearing it everywhere I can (errands, especially) because I know it can take a lot.

Pictures are attached for your reference! Came in for the Black/Taupe, they had no stock for black, but I fell in love with the Grey color instead :smile: The one with my MBP inside also has 2 pouches (makeup & my chargers), a small umbrella, 2 cases for my glasses and shades, cardholder, AirPods, and my wallet.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 5630223

View attachment 5630224

View attachment 5630226

View attachment 5630228
I also have this question, so thank you very much!!!!

Im looking at this bag too and went to the store today to look at the 2 sizes. Im not sure which to get, or if to look at other brands. Im so tired of carrying a backpack and briefcases seem outdated and inconvenient.

I was wondering the same, but after carrying my MacBook Pro 16'' few times in my Celine Seau Sangle (it pops out for about 5cm like in small cabas on picture above), I totally gave up on carrying that laptop in shoulder bag. And I must say that celine sangle has very very comfortable strap, but that laptop is soooo damn heavy!
I hate backpacks more than anything, but I think this laptop is only for backpack, especially if you have longer walk/commute. And I must say that my commute is not particularly long, maybe 10-15min walk in total and about 20-30min ride with metro (where I usually sit). And my shoulder still hurts so much after!

I would suggest you to go to the store with laptop, and try it out. But to have real feeling how it feels, you should carry it for at least 15min on your shoulder (not sure if they would allow you that thou :biggrin: )

The leather is not too delicate—I carry a 13in in my small and find it to stretch the bag just a little on the sides, as the width is longer than the bottom of the bag (if that makes sense?)

I would go for a medium—I think that would be perfect for a 16in, but I wouldn’t worry too much about damaging the bag, as it’s very hard wearing and durable

I hope it is okay, to use this thread for my question.

Would the Cabas fit a 14‘‘ laptop (appr. 32 cm width)?

The website gives a width of 28 cm for the small and 29 cm for the medium cabas so according to this, I thought my laptop would obviously not fit.

But on the other hand I watched a yt video where a 14‘‘ laptop fits comfortably in the small cabas. I am confused…

I hope it is okay, to use this thread for my question.

Would the Cabas fit a 14‘‘ laptop (appr. 32 cm width)?

The website gives a width of 28 cm for the small and 29 cm for the medium cabas so according to this, I thought my laptop would obviously not fit.

But on the other hand I watched a yt video where a 14‘‘ laptop fits comfortably in the small cabas. I am confused…
I have a medium Cabas and use it as a work bag with that size laptop. I use a bag insert that has a laptop slot, and the laptop hits just below the top of my bag (vertically). I just tried to fit the laptop horizontally without my insert, and it does work but creates a bit of an awkward shape.

Reactions: EmmaPeel
I have a medium Cabas and use it as a work bag with that size laptop. I use a bag insert that has a laptop slot, and the laptop hits just below the top of my bag (vertically). I just tried to fit the laptop horizontally without my insert, and it does work but creates a bit of an awkward shape.
Thank you, that helps a lot!
Which organiser do you use and would you recommend it?

Thank you, that helps a lot!
Which organiser do you use and would you recommend it?
I got the organizer from Etsy. The seller is called Joyinbag. It has as a slot for ipad/laptop, two bottle holders and some other pockets. I don't normally use bag inserts so can't really compare with anything else, but fits nicely in the bag and works well for what I carry.

Reactions: EmmaPeel
I have ordered the small Cabas right before the price increase and unfortunately my 14 inch Laptop does not fit properly.

Though the price of the bag was really good compared to the updated one, I decided to return it.

It is beautiful for sure but I don’t think it is worth it for my purposes - neither the 1400 I paid nor the 1800 Euro it costs now.