Cabas Phantom condition from fashionphile

cskyej

Jul 13, 2015
I recently bought a cabas phantom from fashionphile and just got it in today. The condition was listed as “very good” and I looked at pictures carefully. While the listing noted some fading, I was really disappointed in the level of marks and fading that it had. I really would not consider this to be “very good”. Should I return this? or is it worth reaching out to fashionphile? This is my first purchase from them and am not sure what their customer service is like. Am I overreacting and this is within “very good” condition? The listing pictures did not show a full on photo of this fading at all.

81BA48EF-9BC1-4338-973F-E018EFAB4760.jpeg

F174BA10-6D83-41D8-B40C-60549972C2FC.jpeg

52EA4F7E-549D-481F-874E-C01AF5D6F74D.jpeg

I would return. This jumps out in your face if you don’t have it cinched in
Yeah, that’s what I am leaning towards too. I don’t want to attempt to remove the stain either in case I want to return. What a bummer, I was really looking forward to this as a work bag. Condition was definitely misleading.

I would not consider that very good at all and if you can take a photo that clearly shows the damage then fashionphile should have been able to clearly picture it. That is very disappointing because it would seem to be an attempt at deception.
Yeah, it’s really strange that this one passed to “very good.” I kept hearing how fashionphile is pretty picky about their condition rating. comparing it to other ones on the site, it’s pretty clear this one was mislabeled or just fell through the cracks. There are quite a few other little spots too, so this one is “good” at best.

Reactions: theprettymiss
In my experience, FP is pretty crap when it comes to condition grading. It is either a hit or miss or most of the times it is a miss. From your picture, I am pretty sure that is a sunscreen stain that can easily be remedied with a wet wash cloth followed by a leather conditioner. Grained calfskin is super easy to condition and clean.

Reactions: eunaddict
I would return it. Because of how FP is labeling the condition of bags now I only look at those listed as new or excellent, and even then I’m skeptical.

I recently bought a cabas phantom from fashionphile and just got it in today. The condition was listed as “very good” and I looked at pictures carefully. While the listing noted some fading, I was really disappointed in the level of marks and fading that it had. I really would not consider this to be “very good”. Should I return this? or is it worth reaching out to fashionphile? This is my first purchase from them and am not sure what their customer service is like. Am I overreacting and this is within “very good” condition? The listing pictures did not show a full on photo of this fading at all.

View attachment 5086008

View attachment 5086009

View attachment 5086010
I would return this right away.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I would return it and I agree that is not "very good' condition.

I recommend sticking to Excellent or New condition items from Fashionphile. I purchased an Excellent condition small cabas phantom from them a while ago and it was perfect and looked completely unused. Of course maybe I got lucky?

Reactions: theprettymiss
Late to this but I wanted to comment on your question of: "or is it worth reaching out to fashionphile?". I once reached out to Fashionphile hoping they would give me some discount on a Celine bag I purchased with them that I had really wanted but had been repaired in a way that made taking off one side of the strap impossible (the clasp did not open or close at all) when that major issue had not been mentioned anywhere in the listing. They told me that they don't offer discounts of any kind and that I could just return it if I was unsatisfied. I returned the bag and a little while later saw it go back up for sale like nothing had ever happened (still no mention of the issues) and have heard this to be the case from others here even when the bags are determined to be fakes.

Reactions: ahswong
Late to this but I wanted to comment on your question of: "or is it worth reaching out to fashionphile?". I once reached out to Fashionphile hoping they would give me some discount on a Celine bag I purchased with them that I had really wanted but had been repaired in a way that made taking off one side of the strap impossible (the clasp did not open or close at all) when that major issue had not been mentioned anywhere in the listing. They told me that they don't offer discounts of any kind and that I could just return it if I was unsatisfied. I returned the bag and a little while later saw it go back up for sale like nothing had ever happened (still no mention of the issues) and have heard this to be the case from others here even when the bags are determined to be fakes.
This is good to know. I recently purchased a Celine bag from Fashionphile and there is deep scratch on the bag that was not disclosed on the description. I was going to contact Fashionphile about it and ask for a discount but based on your experience it doesn't seem like they will be giving a discount on the bag. Bag was listed as very good but I think good might have been more appropriate for the condition of the bag.

Reactions: onepiece101
The first bag in this thread was ridiculous and should never have been listed without mentioning the obvious stain.

With that said, I have purchased quite a few things from Fashionphile and have been impressed with their honesty in regards to flaws they point out. In fact, so much so I was surprised with pieces I've received. Grant it, I usually purchase Excellent or above but just purchased a 2003 Herbag with a rating of Very Good. They mentioned in their description every mark, scuff, etc......the price reflected the age. I didn't want to spend a lot on a bag I knew I was going to kick around a bit and not care but still wanted some style. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the bag looked once in my hands.....much Much better than expected. I'll be treating it a bit more gingerly than planned. Dag nab it.... ;)

Sorry to read the horror stories above but Don't Hesitate returning pieces that don't live up to your exceptions. I've returned a few pieces without any problem on their part. One thing I don't purchase no matter how tempting is anything that reads 'musty odor' or any kind of odor at all. I also steer clear of anything that states loss of structure or any mention of repairs.

At any rate I hope this helps.

This is good to know. I recently purchased a Celine bag from Fashionphile and there is deep scratch on the bag that was not disclosed on the description. I was going to contact Fashionphile about it and ask for a discount but based on your experience it doesn't seem like they will be giving a discount on the bag. Bag was listed as very good but I think good might have been more appropriate for the condition of the bag.
So I contacted FP about my bag and to my surprise they offered me $75 for the flaw. I accepted the discount since the bag is navy and the scratch is not too noticable unless you are looking directly at it so if you do love the bag and want to keep it, definitely worth contacting customer support about it.