cabas mezzo bottom types

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hello- quick question. are there two types of cabas mezzo bottoms? one piece of continuous vachetta, and one bottom that is pieced? does that make sense? i've seen both, but i didn't know if they were both authentic. thanks, pfers!

2. older ones have 1 pc and the newer have 3 pc's.

3. thanks!

4. I think I know what you're talking about...

From what I've seen, all Cabas bags [Piano, Mezzo, and Alto] have a leather bottom. If you've seen a Cabas bag with a canvas bottom, it is more than likely fake.

The bags that kinda look like the Cabas bags are the Babylone and the Sac Shopping [discontinued], have leather piping with Monogram Canvas at the bottom of the bags.

5. Ooopsie. I re-read and what I had typed wasn't what you were referring to... Sorry. :Push:

6. Actually that's backwards. Older ones have 3 and newer ones have 1, they changed about 3 years ago when they discountinued the alto :smile:

7. My Cabas Piano has 3 leather pieces on the bottom and it's about 3 yrs old. My co-worker bought her Piano in Hawaii about a year ago and it one full leather bottom. Kinda annoying when LV redesigns a purse after you've already bought it from them earlier.