Cabas chyc sizes: large vs medium

I have three sizes CC bags. And I'm 5'5/103lb, and medium size is the best size. Medium size, you can use it for work or shopping. Large is for traveling or I'm use it as a camera bag. Mini is way too small to my figure, so it's better to use for a date/night out situation. Large is quite heavy, so I recommend medium size.

I saw a turquoise blue medium cc on eBay that is gorgeous! Do you think I will regret not getting black as I originally planned? It's just such a brilliant color! Here is pic...sorry for poor iPhone quality!

View attachment 2014581
Please printed out two picture; black CC and turquoise CC. And take a look at your whole wardrobes with them. So you can see how many clothes matches the black CC, and how about turquoise CC?

I recently bought a tartan green large Muse bag. I like the color, but once I brought it to my closet room, I noticed that the color doesn't match most of my wardrobes. So I returned the bag.

Last edited:
Hi, I just purchased the new version mini chyc in beige and I love it and I am looking to buy the large chyc for school/work/travelling I just have a couple of questions:

1. Is it too much to buy 2 of the same bags? Should I go with the balenciaga work instead?

2. does anyone have a mod pic of the large? does it fit over the shoulder?

3. The large doesn't seem a lot bigger than the medium since the medium is 14" and large is 15.5" but is the difference very noticeable?

TIA!!!

1. That is a personal choice. I think it's ok ESP if they are different size.
2. The straps are a little short for it to be carried on the shoulder comfortably.
3. The large is enormous. Even the medium is quite big. There is definitely a big difference between them.

The boutique staff said most people get medium for everyday/work and large for travel.

I saw a turquoise blue medium cc on eBay that is gorgeous! Do you think I will regret not getting black as I originally planned? It's just such a brilliant color! Here is pic...sorry for poor iPhone quality!

View attachment 2014581
Go for the medium. I am 5'3" and have the medium and adore it - you can see me modeling it in this thread :smile: - http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-saint-laurent/help-me-decide-1st-version-mini-cc-new-799898.html. And personally, I like the blue much more than the black. It is more interesting and frankly, I think, more versatile. I can't picture carrying the black during the day at all, but can easily picture carrying the blue. Good luck :smile:

I got a black older style medium today. It feels big, I would go for medium. I was surprised how big it is!

Blue is gorg btw but ya maybe you will get sick of it if you really wanted black. I had a hard time deciding btwn black or a color but my bf who bought it thought I may get sick of a bright color.. Have to warn, he doesn't know anything about fashion ;)

I got a black older style medium today. It feels big, I would go for medium. I was surprised how big it is!

Blue is gorg btw but ya maybe you will get sick of it if you really wanted black. I had a hard time deciding btwn black or a color but my bf who bought it thought I may get sick of a bright color.. Have to warn, he doesn't know anything about fashion ;)

Really happy for you that you got the medium in black you wanted. ;)

Go medium!! I returned a large for a medium. At first I couldn't believe I was going to do it, but the structure holds much better. I didn't like the droopy nature of the large, I felt it took too much away from the classic look. I also opted for a textured leather medium. It also ensures that it holds it shape better. All because I love the classic shape; if that's not a big deal to you you could go with either. Although overall I prefer the proportions of the medium over large too. Either way, enjoy!!!

Hi, when you say "textured" leather do you mean saffiano? They type that Prada is famous for and is easier to mantain...

Definitely medium. I bought the YSL, medium, red one back in early summer and couldn't imagine carrying around a large one. Plus, the medium one looks nice with day or evening attire.

Hello,
I think it depends on how tall you are. I'm 5"1 and large is too big for me :sad: but large looks really good if you're around 5"7! My friends are 5"7 and 6", large cabas looks awesome with them :smile:

in my opinion, its depending on your style. the large one looks more laid back, relax but still stylish and cool looking, whereas the medium look nicer when you dress up as i find it a more dressier bag.

I'd go for a medium even at 5'9! Looks very dressy and more versatile. With more use the leather (of the old cabas) will give and you get a nice slouch, which might be a bit too much for a large size.