C Patterns?

Jan 25, 2009
I have seen a few of the C pattern cloth bags of late. Are these returning or are they just leftovers? I like the lighter weight of some of the older ones, especially hobos for warmer weather, but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Many of the leather bags on line look like everybody else's styles. The C's are all that sets Coach apart. LV looks like LV because of the monogram. Coach and Michael Kors have similar leather styles so not distinctive. Maybe it's because I'm older and retired, but I like a bag that holds everything but is not so heavy that I need a brace on my shoulder to get around with it. Because of my age I also am not into the cartoon bags. I like classic leather and cloth C's.

Any opinions from older ladies, and any younger gals that think I am off target.

Thanks,
diogenes

I have seen a few of the C pattern cloth bags of late. Are these returning or are they just leftovers? I like the lighter weight of some of the older ones, especially hobos for warmer weather, but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Many of the leather bags on line look like everybody else's styles. The C's are all that sets Coach apart. LV looks like LV because of the monogram. Coach and Michael Kors have similar leather styles so not distinctive. Maybe it's because I'm older and retired, but I like a bag that holds everything but is not so heavy that I need a brace on my shoulder to get around with it. Because of my age I also am not into the cartoon bags. I like classic leather and cloth C's.

Any opinions from older ladies, and any younger gals that think I am off target.

Thanks,
diogenes

Hi there!
I am over 50, would that be mature enough?
I live in the Middle of the country where the C pattern never went out of style.
While the leather bags are just gorgeous, they are too heavy for daily wear for me also.
The Jacquard fabric was always my fav and I am happy to see it return.

Thanks,
diogenes

Over 50 here too. Wear what you like and what feels comfortable on you. The C print hasn't gone out of style here either.....it's not as prevalent as it once was, but it's still here. The fabric crossbody bags are popular and look comfortable too. I'm not a fabric bag type of person, but I know people who love them. I really don't know if they are returning or not, but you might be able to find a new old stock one on eBay. I'm with you on the classic leather. I don't care for patent, saffiano, crossgrain or textured leathers. Give me good old smooth or pebbled leather any day.

Reactions: kinseygirl
Over 50 here too. Wear what you like and what feels comfortable on you. The C print hasn't gone out of style here either.....it's not as prevalent as it once was, but it's still here. The fabric crossbody bags are popular and look comfortable too. I'm not a fabric bag type of person, but I know people who love them. I really don't know if they are returning or not, but you might be able to find a new old stock one on eBay. I'm with you on the classic leather. I don't care for patent, saffiano, crossgrain or textured leathers. Give me good old smooth or pebbled leather any day.

In my area, there are 2 boutiques, 2 outlets and 6 major dept. stores that carry Coach so it's pretty much everywhere here.
At this mornings sporting event for youngest DD, I saw 2 different C patterns, and about a dozen different coated canvas patterns.
In fact the coach had a new swing pack in vanilla with the medium C that looked really cute.

I am just out of my 30s and have been carrying this older convertible bag for a week or so and loving it. It is so lightweight and can hold anything I need. It helps that anything in the wine/burgundy range is a favorite of mine. I am enjoying the bag so much I don't care if it isn't the most trendy right now! I make it awesome. ;). I say wear signature if you want. Go for it!

4fd265853c6f2c4bb72e52c1d96c375d.jpg

Sent from my 0PM92 using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: couchette and ZSP
I am just out of my 30s and have been carrying this older convertible bag for a week or so and loving it. It is so lightweight and can hold anything I need. It helps that anything in the wine/burgundy range is a favorite of mine. I am enjoying the bag so much I don't care if it isn't the most trendy right now! I make it awesome. ;). I say wear signature if you want. Go for it!

Love that color!

Reactions: Purseluvnmama
In my area, there are 2 boutiques, 2 outlets and 6 major dept. stores that carry Coach so it's pretty much everywhere here.
At this mornings sporting event for youngest DD, I saw 2 different C patterns, and about a dozen different coated canvas patterns.
In fact the coach had a new swing pack in vanilla with the medium C that looked really cute.
Wow! Down here there's 0 boutiques, 1 outlet, and 2 department stores that only carry a handful of Coach. The way coach is withdrawing from department stores the local Dillard's and Belk may not even have them anymore.

Love that burgundy color! I agree, don't just wear the signature, own it!

Reactions: Purseluvnmama
Wow! Down here there's 0 boutiques, 1 outlet, and 2 department stores that only carry a handful of Coach. The way coach is withdrawing from department stores the local Dillard's and Belk may not even have them anymore.

As far as I know, the are pulling out of most department stores since Coach can't control the sales there.
We had more boutiques, five, but 3 closed due to low sales or high theft.
The closest Dillard's stopped selling it but Macy's still has a large selection and even Spring items.

I see a ton of mostly fabric C Signature bags everywhere here in NYC, and although a lot of them I am sure are fakes, one would definitely not stick out like a sore thumb wearing a fabric C bag. While there is still a lot of signature in the outlets, I think the ones I've seen lately in store were all coated canvas and PVC. I know Century 21 here in NYC gets in older leftover fabric Coach C bags though. I'm over 50 and not a big fan of the C or fabric myself (although I very much appreciate lighter leather bags) but it's far from an unusual sight on the streets.

Last edited:
I see a ton of mostly fabric C Signature bags everywhere here in NYC, and although a lot of them I am sure are fakes, one would definitely not stick out like a sore thumb wearing a fabric C bag. While there is still a lot of signature in the outlets, I think the ones I've seen lately in store were all coated canvas and PVC. I know Century 21 here in NYC gets in older leftover fabric Coach bags though. I'm over 50 and not a big fan of the C or fabric myself (although I very much appreciate lighter leather bags myself) but it's far from an unusual sight on the streets.

Maybe regional differences? Locally the Macy's has many logo fabric bags.

Thanks, ladies for your support of the C's. I have a Coach collection which includes leather and cloth. In the last year I have developed arthritis and carrying a heavy leather is no longer possible, so I love my cloth. The leather bags will have to go on Ebay. Leather trimmed cloth hobos are just the way for me to carry a lot of stuff and not be in pain. I have a favorite one that was a sample. I've never seen it anywhere before except for mine and when I carry it, people always ask where I got it. My latest leather is an Edie, which is not too heavy, but I'm ready to change up.
I also love the cute purse charms and have many that I love to change regularly, and scarves to tie too. I am in my 70's and love all of my handbags and accessories.
I appreciate the response. I love the first bag shown and the color. I also love that you carry it and don't care what people think. I'm going to do the same. If I like it, it won't matter what anyone else thinks!

diogenes

Thanks, ladies for your support of the C's. I have a Coach collection which includes leather and cloth. In the last year I have developed arthritis and carrying a heavy leather is no longer possible, so I love my cloth. The leather bags will have to go on Ebay. Leather trimmed cloth hobos are just the way for me to carry a lot of stuff and not be in pain. I have a favorite one that was a sample. I've never seen it anywhere before except for mine and when I carry it, people always ask where I got it. My latest leather is an Edie, which is not too heavy, but I'm ready to change up.
I also love the cute purse charms and have many that I love to change regularly, and scarves to tie too. I am in my 70's and love all of my handbags and accessories.
I appreciate the response. I love the first bag shown and the color. I also love that you carry it and don't care what people think. I'm going to do the same. If I like it, it won't matter what anyone else thinks!

diogenes

If you are still open to leather, check out the Mercer satchel (also wears well crossbody), I have a Willow Floral Mercer 30 that has been my go to bag all winter and I am still in awe of how light it is.