Byzantine and staining?

Jun 2, 2010
Hi all! It’s been awhile... between a difficult pregnancy, and being busy trying to figure out this whole mommy business, I kind of lost interest in our lovely leather beauties. But I’ve got my head screwed on tight again and have realized I miss my BVs and Bals!

To celebrate the baby finally sleeping through the night (YAY!!!!!!) , I’ve decided to go on the hunt for a disco bag (or pillow, maybe?) since I’ve been wanting one forever and need a crossbody to stay hands free...

Anyhow... there’s a Byzantine one on Fashionphile, wondering if anyone has that color and can tell m how it holds up against staining (dark jeans, etc). There’s also one on the Bay that says it’s Tourmaline. I do like the darker color better, but still have to wait for additional photos so I can post for authentication. Looking for good deals on pillow as well!

Excited to be back!!!

Reactions: ksuromax
Welcome back, and congratulations!

I don’t have Byzantine, but I thought I’d mention that it’s sale time, so you might have a selection of other colors from which to choose, at a somewhat lower price. I’m pretty sure that Pacific is among them, if you like blue.

Hi all! It’s been awhile... between a difficult pregnancy, and being busy trying to figure out this whole mommy business, I kind of lost interest in our lovely leather beauties. But I’ve got my head screwed on tight again and have realized I miss my BVs and Bals!

To celebrate the baby finally sleeping through the night (YAY!!!!!!) , I’ve decided to go on the hunt for a disco bag (or pillow, maybe?) since I’ve been wanting one forever and need a crossbody to stay hands free...

Anyhow... there’s a Byzantine one on Fashionphile, wondering if anyone has that color and can tell m how it holds up against staining (dark jeans, etc). There’s also one on the Bay that says it’s Tourmaline. I do like the darker color better, but still have to wait for additional photos so I can post for authentication. Looking for good deals on pillow as well!

Excited to be back!!!

Congratulations on the baby!!!!
Relaxing is the best thing for you and baby
Easier said than done but true
Go for a pillow

Welcome back, and congratulations!

I don’t have Byzantine, but I thought I’d mention that it’s sale time, so you might have a selection of other colors from which to choose, at a somewhat lower price. I’m pretty sure that Pacific is among them, if you like blue.

Thank you! I can’t find disco bags on sale on the BV site... in store maybe? Or at the outlets?

Excited to be back!!!

Welcome back and congrats on the baby. I recommend the pillow. It’s larger than the disco. Color transfer from jeans could be an issue with Byzantine.

I have a Byzantine in Small Campana. I never had any problem with it. No color transfer whatsoever. However, it could be because I almost dont use it at all because it is so hard to match the colors from my wardrobe!

Tourmaline is very versatile. So if I were to choose between the two, I would go for Tourmaline!

I have a Byzantine in Small Campana. I never had any problem with it. No color transfer whatsoever. However, it could be because I almost dont use it at all because it is so hard to match the colors from my wardrobe!

Tourmaline is very versatile. So if I were to choose between the two, I would go for Tourmaline!

Thank you! I’m hoping the seller sends me photos soon! If authentic, I may just go for it!

Congrats on the baby and [emoji42]. Such an exciting time.

I have a tourmaline disco and love it. Very versatile. If you do need more space, try the pillow. I had one for awhile but the strap was too long for my taste. Definitely want to try it on if you can.

Fume is the only color disco on sale at the boutique. In terms of color transfer, any lighter color has the potential to show transfer so in that sense darker is going to be better. I have a Mink small Olimpia and have worn that with denim and new dark stuff and haven't had any trouble.

In terms of color, Bysantine is quite pretty yet will read a bit more spring/summer. Tourmaline does the opposite. New Light grey might be a good option and a very reputable reseller has a NLG disco for sale. You might also consider BVBags' Blue Electrique Disco or the metallic Pillow she is selling.

I think the Disco is a super cute bag. It's less functional than the pillow in terms of capacity but I do think it's cuter. I have both and used them equally. It just depends what your need is.

Fume is the only color disco on sale at the boutique. In terms of color transfer, any lighter color has the potential to show transfer so in that sense darker is going to be better. I have a Mink small Olimpia and have worn that with denim and new dark stuff and haven't had any trouble.

In terms of color, Bysantine is quite pretty yet will read a bit more spring/summer. Tourmaline does the opposite. New Light grey might be a good option and a very reputable reseller has a NLG disco for sale. You might also consider BVBags' Blue Electrique Disco or the metallic Pillow she is selling.

I think the Disco is a super cute bag. It's less functional than the pillow in terms of capacity but I do think it's cuter. I have both and used them equally. It just depends what your need is.

I do like the disco better than the pillow, although the space of the pillow is nice... I’ll look at BVBags, thanks!