Bye-bye, my baby

Hi Bernz and Charleston MOM...wondering what the $$ estimates were for the repair of your bags?? I was walking through Macys last Friday when I noticed my Speedy was open and I pulled on the tab to close the zipper and I must've really yanked as the pull tab came off in my hand :wtf: ...Just the leather part...but my bag looks "wrong" now...the zipper still works, it just doesn't look right. I put my extender on there and it looks worse as my bag is patinaed and the extender is so GOLD. I was thinking of replacing the tab and maybe the handles...if it doesn't cost a million $$. Anybody have any idea...my nearst LV is five hours away and they are NOT known for their wonderful customer assistance...:crybaby:. Thanks in advance for any advice out there!

Hi, DamierLover. Actually, I don't know how much it'll cost me yet (because I was just told to send it to them and they'll make an estimate for me). I should know later today, and I'll let you know. Knowing from other owners who've had their lining replaced, I think it'll cost me around $120.

Hi Bernz and Charleston MOM...wondering what the $$ estimates were for the repair of your bags?? I was walking through Macys last Friday when I noticed my Speedy was open and I pulled on the tab to close the zipper and I must've really yanked as the pull tab came off in my hand :wtf: ...Just the leather part...but my bag looks "wrong" now...the zipper still works, it just doesn't look right. I put my extender on there and it looks worse as my bag is patinaed and the extender is so GOLD. I was thinking of replacing the tab and maybe the handles...if it doesn't cost a million $$. Anybody have any idea...my nearst LV is five hours away and they are NOT known for their wonderful customer assistance...:crybaby:. Thanks in advance for any advice out there!

I had purchased my Speedy in February of 2006, but I go to the tanning bed a lot and hadn't been as careful as I should have and got tanning lotion (with bronzer) on it which made my handles dark. I took it in for new handles and new chads (which are the triangle leather pieces where the handles are attached to the bag). I am also getting a new pull tab. They quoted me $145.00 for the repairs which was a LOT better than buying a new speedy. My SA said he had one woman who brings her bag in once a year for new handles and has had it for 10 years (the canvas really never wears). I can't wait to get it back! I hope this helps!

Sorry, guys I know this topic is old, but I wanted to tell you (DamierLover) the total cost came out to be $74, which I think is a lot lower than expected. I had to actually call them up today (and my bag arrived on Wednesday...err), and I spoke to a very polite SA who explained all the details.

And thank you again for all who comforted me! :heart: Even though I'm on a strict budget, methinks I should get a substitute bucket for the 8-10 weeks I'll be waiting (apparently, there's a backlog).

Sorry, guys I know this topic is old, but I wanted to tell you (DamierLover) the total cost came out to be $74, which I think is a lot lower than expected. I had to actually call them up today (and my bag arrived on Wednesday...err), and I spoke to a very polite SA who explained all the details.

And thank you again for all who comforted me! :heart: Even though I'm on a strict budget, methinks I should get a substitute bucket for the 8-10 weeks I'll be waiting (apparently, there's a backlog).

Wow..that's cheap for lining..