Bye bye Cecilia! :(

xi_captain

Mika Luv!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2006
So this morning, I was so excited because an SA at Bloomies told me that the small Cecilia in black was 30% off and then 20% off! :yahoo: I was all set to buy it but thought I would check with my regular SA at Nordstrom if she would match it for me. Then of course, when she called Bloomies, the SA she spoke too said the small Cecilia was not included and that it's only 20% off! :wtf: I am so DISAPPOINTED! I wanted lots of bags but I was trying to be good and just get that one...and now I can't even get my hands on it!

Perhaps I will just get the Grey Blake as a "make me feel better" present...

If any of you hear anything at all regarding the small Cecilia, please, please PM me or reply to this thread. I would forever appreciate it!! Thanks.

oh no, xi! i wouldn't give up yet. call your sa again to confirm the discount. if she still says that it's 30/20 then i would tell the nordstrom sa to talk to your bloomingdale's sa directly. perhaps the other bloomies sa was mistaken. i really want you to get your black cecilia. can't you just buy it from bloomingdale's and forget nordstrom altogether?

^I did call the Bloomies SA I spoke with this morning and she said she made a mistake and that it wasn't on the sale list :wtf: To make sure, I called another Bloomies and sure enough, it wasn't on the sale list. Darnit, I should've bought it this morning when I could've!!! :sad:

I was looking for a black bag as well, and the Bloomies SA told me that none of the black was included as far as they knew.... so I would think the black Cecilia would not be on the discount list. I ended up getting another color in the style that I wanted in black.

I hope you can find the grey blake!! There's gotta be a Bloomies out there that still has it.

Thanks for the support Kim and Thithi! I am actually thinking of getting it at 20% off...I don't know. Maybe it will eventually go on sale???

Lovekooba, the papaya and biscotti are on sale for $759.90 at Nordies if you're interested in those colors...

^^wow...good deal..but still too much ... right? I'm hoping to find the smaller one in the $400-500 range.......if I got lucky...right now I got to track down a Margot.
See what happens? You get punished for spending less time on the tpf LOL...

^Yeah, a small one in the $400/$500 would be NICE!! I was willing to pay $700 but too bad the black one wasn't on sale.

Btw, I notice that you are looking for a small stam in milk?? I think Bloomies had them and Wen was able to get one for about $300!

PS: I will be on tPF all day so I don't miss out on sales from now on. Haha!

^I did call the Bloomies SA I spoke with this morning and she said she made a mistake and that it wasn't on the sale list :wtf: To make sure, I called another Bloomies and sure enough, it wasn't on the sale list. Darnit, I should've bought it this morning when I could've!!! :sad:

They're not allowed to get your hopes up :cursing:!! Hang in there, I bet something will come up - I'll be on the lookout for you ;)

Thanks for all your support ladies! Seems like the purse gods took pity on me and helped me out today. I found a Grey Blake at Nordstrom in Brea Mall, CA (through a PFer's post) :yahoo: The Nordstrom SA was so amazing and helpful! In addition, Nordstrom price-matched the Bloomies 30/30/20 deal. Another amazing Bloomies SA made this transaction possible by coordinating with the Nordstrom SA! :tup: I am so excited...great customer service on their end. So on Friday, when the bag is finally rung-up and shipped, I will be a proud owner of a Grey Blake!!! :tup:

Last edited:
Thanks for all your support ladies! Seems like the purse gods took pity on me and helped me out today. I found a Grey Blake at Nordstrom in Brea Mall, CA (through a PFer's post) :yahoo: The Nordstrom SA was so amazing and helpful! In addition, Nordstrom price-matched the Bloomies 30/30/20 deal. Another amazing Bloomies SA made this transaction possible by coordinating with the Nordstrom SA! :tup: I am so excited...great customer service on their end. So on Friday, when the bag is finally rung-up and shipped, I will be a proud owner of a Grey Blake!!! :tup:
can i ask which SAs you worked with (and which bloomie's)? my sister bought a navy mercer large multipocket at the brea nordstrom, so if it can be price-matched with bloomie's, i'd love to do it for her. thanks!!

So on Friday, when the bag is finally rung-up and shipped, I will be a proud owner of a Grey Blake!!! :tup:[/QUOTE]

Yay - that's great...but I'll still be on the lookout for you in case a little Cecilia turns up (misery loves company :graucho:)

xi captain... Hi how did you get the price for the biscotti for $795? I was at Nordstorm's it was still $1275 and when I checked online it wasn't listed...

I am looking for the small Cecilia cruise bag in biscotti and black as well.. either or right now.. I keep day dreaming about them!

I just pre-ordered the MJ Colorblock soft pouch in taupe from Barneys! Yay!

^ Nordies will be having a sale starting May 21 and they're doing pre-sales now. So that's prolly the price for the Cecilia marked down for 40% off. ;)