By request; before, during and after pics, cleaning with Mr. Clean magic eraser.

OMG this is such a helpful thread twinkle.tink, thank you sooooo much! Now I really need a magic eraser, unfortunately I won't be able to find one in Germany....but thanks for the pics!

I am amazed! Serioulsy I think I'm sold you should travel door to door of LV lovers and sell them these things it's like magic!

Tink does the vachetta get any darker it doesn't look like it in pics but I just want to make sure my speedy handle are looking a bit grubby (for my liking) and one handles seems darker (maybe dirtier) than the other if I do both do you think it'll even out

Wow! What a difference Mr. Clean magic eraser makes! Do you know if there's a substitute product which will give similar effects? I can't get Mr Clean's magic eraser here... :sad:

I am amazed! Serioulsy I think I'm sold you should travel door to door of LV lovers and sell them these things it's like magic!

Tink does the vachetta get any darker it doesn't look like it in pics but I just want to make sure my speedy handle are looking a bit grubby (for my liking) and one handles seems darker (maybe dirtier) than the other if I do both do you think it'll even out

LOL, I thought of keeping it a secret and starting a cleaning service :devil:....

It doesn't look like it gets darker to me, but all the pieces I have tried have been over 2 years old, so they have some patina to them anyway. I don't know what it would do on really light vachetta, iy might darken it slightly just the way baby wipes can since you are wetting it, kwim?

I think. if I were you, I would try the speedie handles. I think you could even them out. Just remember you might have to do more than 1 'pass'.

Awesome transformation!

Question:

1. Did you wipe the whole vachetta with the sponge in one stroke (or back and forth)? Or did you spot-clean the dirt marks with the sponge and then use a wet cloth to wet the whole vachetta?

2. Did you clean both stripes of your Cerise Keepall or did you only clean one of them. My main concern is to keep the vachetta even throughout the whole bag, and not all the vachetta on my bag is dirty, but should I wet the rest of the clean vachetta (i.e., tabs that my trouville handles are attached to) so that they will be wet all evenly (and thus be dried all evenly)?

Thank you!!